• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aftermarket mobile phone integration

A while back someone submitted a reply to post where they said that they had removed the original NSX analog phone and in it's place installed a Nokia.

Has anyone documented this procedure with any new digital phone? Also where has everyone mounted their phones? I'm trying to minimize modifications to my car and looking for ideas.

------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

It was me... I haven't had access to my digital camera for a while (someone borrowed it and hasn't returned it yet). I am in the process of getting one from work to document the install (after the fact, of course).

It's not all that complicated. The only "reused" component is the rear center speaker, really. Everything else had to be scrapped.

What Nokia are you thinking about installing a car kit for? Mine is for a 61xx series, which my wife uses. Up until yesterday, I did too, but have changed to an 8260. I will be doing a modified "express car kit" install for this phone on my 911... the process is the same, except that with the express car kit you have no external antenna and have to cannibalize the kit somewhat.

EDR
91 Black/Ivory #3012

Well today I have a Nokia 6160 but I'm probably going to change to a Motorola L7089 or L7389 because I'm spending 50% of my time outside the USA. I guess from your response you didn't try to figure out any of the wiring. I was trying to see if I could use the remote mic, power and the antenna if it makes sense.

------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

Back