• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alarm indicator not flashing

Hi all,

This is my second post asking question about the NSX. I am new to the NSX scene as this is my first ever NSX (1993) and I apologized in advance if or when you'll see more questions from me.. haha. Now let's get to today's question. I know the NSX has factory alarm system but when I lock the doors I noticed the indicator that says "Security" next to the lock pull-up button isn't flashing or lit up. My question is.. Is it supposed to flash/light up? If so and mine isn't does this mean that my alarm is not on? Another thought I had was maybe the bulb is dead or something.. but just wanted to ask my fellow NSX owners if you guys experienced this and have solutions. I currently have my NSX park outside and it is a nice neighborhood but you never know these days. I am trying to find a temporary solution about the parking part until I get a house with a garage, hopefully by the end of the year. I know, I know.. an NSX should not be outside haha.

The indicator light comes on when the alarm is activated. If the light is not on when the car is locked that indicates that the alarm has not activated (a number of possible reasons) or the light is burnt out (lower probability). The easiest way to confirm the alarm system is or is not active is to open the rear hatch and then fake the hatch switch being closed - use a cable tie or just get someone to hold it in the closed position. Set the locks and then release the hatch switch to the open position. If the alarm was active the alarm would go off. If it doesn't go off then you have a problems with it. The best course of action is to get a copy of the service manual which will take you through the trouble shooting for the Security Control Unit

Here is a link to the 1997+ service manual

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...Manual-Download?highlight=link+service+manual

If you search around on Prime, somebody posted a link to the earlier service manual. The procedure in the 1997 manual will probably work for your 1993 if you can't find a 1993 manual. Of course, the best course of action is to fork over the $ for a paper copy. Much easier to work from.

Number one reason for this is the key lock switch on the drivers door. It can create false alarm conditions.
Heck the manual on how to troubleshoot.
Manual is on wiki.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One simple reason also could be that the plug is just not connected with the bulb.
The former owner of my X did dismount the door insert and during reassembly he forgot to connect the plug again

One simple reason also could be that the plug is just not connected with the bulb.
The former owner of my X did dismount the door insert and during reassembly he forgot to connect the plug again

I have seen this a few times also. When the inner door panel gets reinstalled the plug is missed and not reconnected. Funny thing is I replaced my door speaker amp a while ago, and I forgot to reconnect the light too!

HTH,
LarryB

peekaboo Larry!!!!:tongue:

Back