• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

All Coming Together - NSXPO'10

I awoke today thinking about the duplicity of this statement.

As usual around this time, I am trying to get my car finalized prior to NSXPO. In my ridiculous quest to add more outlandish, unnecessary sh!t into my ride I start to feel the looming deadline that is NSXPO. Per usual, it will be coming together right before we all meet.

So how many of you are working at it "all coming together" before we "all come together"? You may be doing necessary maintenance or even a complete paint job just in an effort to show up in slicker style. Maybe you are the smart one and just leave it stock so that you can enjoy your car daily. :tongue: Tell us where you are and what you have done t prepare your NSX for this year's "COMING TOGETHER".

Last edited:

As usual around this time, I am trying to get my car finalized prior to NSXPO. In my ridiculous quest to add more outlandish, unnecessary sh!t into my ride I start to feel the looming deadline that is NSXPO. Per usual, it will be coming together right before we all meet.

So how many of you are working at it "all coming together" before we "all come together"? You may be doing necessary maintenance or even a complete paint job just in an effort to show up in slicker style. Maybe you are the smart one and just leave it stock so that you can enjoy your car daily. :tongue: Tell us where you are and what you have done t prepare your NSX for this year's "COMING TOGETHER".

Like 2 SEMA tickets?:wink: Did you get the email today?

.....so is one of the welcome gifts ponchos:eek:

Tell us where you are and what you have done t prepare your NSX for this year's "COMING TOGETHER".

Hi

Hm I woke up this morning one day closer to leaving for the US. I still have trouble realising that I am going on this epic journey. Leave for the US this sunday. Here is the plan. That is about what is going to happen. Some things are set in stone.

I will be hanging out with Rich/Passline in NYC. He sent me a pm with a lot of suggestions. So will work in his suggestions in the schedule I have posted.

The NSX is tucked in at home with it's silk pyjamas on. Edit: She will stay there until about may 2011.

Regards

Last edited:

That would be me as well. Car is at the bodyshop as I type, last minute details like the hood, skirts, front splitter, then change the oil, possibly new rear tires, install more crap...

I saw that. I think it's funny that vendors are obviously feeling the impact of our little get together. I would love to be a fly on the wall at SOS or Autowave right now. I know I must be driving Cody at LoveFab nuts about now. :D

I'm surprised that more guys haven't listed their last minute preparations on here. Maybe they are too busy and simply can't find the time. :p

I saw that. I think it's funny that vendors are obviously feeling the impact of our little get together. I would love to be a fly on the wall at SOS or Autowave right now. I know I must be driving Cody at LoveFab nuts about now. :D

I'm surprised that more guys haven't listed their last minute preparations on here. Maybe they are too busy and simply can't find the time. :p

With Shad bringing a Dyno, this could be the REAL FI dyno challenge. Maybe that is why the tuners are so busy?:rolleyes:

Well, I installed new rear tires. Did an oil change, drained/flushed and replaced the transmission fluid, drained/flushed and replaced the coolant. I spent 6.5 hours polishing and waxing the paint. Couple of hours detailing the interior. I have started packing some tools and washing/detailing supplies. Put the bra back on the car. I am just hoping nothing happens on the 2000 miles trip down to Las Vegas. I am looking forward to the drive, the NSX is just so nice on the highway, but I am dreading going over the mountains in Denver, especially on the way home. Early November kinda scares me. I just hope I don't run into snow on the way down or on the way back.

I'm just about ready to start my trip of 2000+ miles. I've installed a new main relay, harmonic balancer, and all the coolant hoses, as possible failure items. I've got new wheels and tires for cold weather driving. I may be sorry about the tires, IF it's clear and dry the whole trip, but I plan on doing a lot of non Interstate driving through Colorado and Utah where snowy mountain passes are certainly possible.
I waxed the car, which surely won't show by the time I arrive. I'll bring along some stuff to wash the car once I get there.
I plan on meeting up with some Colorado drivers in Utah for the last leg of trip into Vegas.
I'll have an empty seat for cruises at NXPO, if some one needs a ride.
Hope to see every one soon. Howard

Last edited:
Not quite an epic journey as some of the others, but iv been slapping bolt-ons like crazy to enjoy everything during the NSXPO. Bought/Installed comptech headers, koyorad radiator, nsx-r chasis bars, new OEM speakers, oil change, drain/flush brake fluid, resurfaced rotors, new pads, Falken RT615K tires for the drive up there and the track. my poor paycheck :frown: but it will all be worth it.

I'm just about ready to start my trip of 2000+ miles. I've installed a new main relay, harmonic balancer, and all the coolant hoses, as possible failure items. I've got new wheels and tires for cold weather driving. I may be sorry about the tires, IF it's clear and dry the whole trip, but I plan on doing a lot of non Interstate driving through Colorado and Utah where snowy mountain passes are certainly possible.
I waxed the car, which surely won't show by the time I arrive. I'll bring along some stuff to wash the car once I get there.
I plan on meeting up with some Colorado drivers in Utah for the last leg of trip into Vegas.
I'll have an empty seat for cruises at NXPO, if some one needs a ride.
Hope to see every one soon. Howard

I plan to meet with the Colorado guys too. See you there in Cedar City.

Found out today that hopefully my car will be ready NEXT Friday from the paint shop but since I am out of town until Sunday, things are going to be a little tight. I am planning on driving out and shipping the NSX home. The Noble will be shipped out and then taken to San Francisco.

Hopefully hook up with people in Utah but maybe drive out with others en route? Meet in Denver? Probably leaving either Sun or Mon from MI, be in Denver on Mon or around noon on Tues.

Ladies and Gentlemen NSXers,

As I read all the threads about the upcoming NSXPO I get VERY EXCITED. I would like to wish all of you a safe and wonderful XPO. For those of you I have had the pleasure of meeting either here on Prime or in person and those I have not, PLEASE ENJOY THIS TIME.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it this year since I am in Afghanistan and will be here till after Thanksgiving. Maybe next year.

Keep in mind our service members overseas and that our

"Freedom is NOT Free"

Brad

Back