• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alpine Shallow Chasis with SOS bracket

Looking to remove factory stereo and put in a double din using the SOS bracket. Do you guys know if the SOS bracket will still work with the short chassis ALPINE ILX-w650 double din stereo or do i need to look for a full chassis double din stereo?
It looks to be a good value but it is not a full chassis like most double dins wanted to make sure before i bought it that it would work.

as far as I can tell you can use the SOS bracket for single din or double din. Anything inbetween should fit. I have the SOS bracket at home and there are an infinite ways to make sure what ever head unit you have can be properly mounted.

Looking to remove factory stereo and put in a double din using the SOS bracket. Do you guys know if the SOS bracket will still work with the short chassis ALPINE ILX-w650 double din stereo or do i need to look for a full chassis double din stereo?
It looks to be a good value but it is not a full chassis like most double dins wanted to make sure before i bought it that it would work.

It will work. Here is Euroboutique's install using the ILX-w650 and the SOS bracket. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9w9U9WZTKE

thanks jedi14323!

Yes we have used this bracket for many of our installs on our channel, check out the videos as we show you how to install a full stereo system in any NSX and address all your questions in the videos.

How do you install door speakers?
How do you take apart the power window trims?
How do you run wiring for the amplifier?
How do you select which dash panel to get from us for a seamless installation?

here's one sample video of the shallow radio from our demo NSX:

thanks jedi14323!

@EuroBoutique, I viewed a few of your videos before I did my install. All of those videos were very helpful. Here is Matte finish Double DIN console installed in my car. 6BC37F6D-ADF6-4F8E-B297-F0F1073D1172.JPG

Last edited:
Back