• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

american airlines canx 1k flights for safety check...

I can only imagine their frustration.

Speaking of shareholders when the oil figures came out was a great time to get short, then the flights deal nailed the coffin shut. A couple airlines lose 10% of their value today.

I can only imagine their frustration.

Speaking of shareholders when the oil figures came out was a great time to get short, then the flights deal nailed the coffin shut. A couple airlines lose 10% of their value today.
As a continued supporter of various bankrupt US carriers :wink: , I both sympathize and empathize. Like many of you, we have many friends (and otherwise) stranded over the last few weeks.

The AA CEO was on TV earlier today, and he seemed to be a class act:
- took the blame (no punt, pass-the-buck)
- apologized
- explained at high level (caveat: complex problem, not something we reduce to sound bites)
- stood by his mechanics (skilled, trained NOT outsourced, etc)

I do hope they can buff this one out :eek:

As a continued supporter of various bankrupt US carriers :wink: , I both sympathize and empathize. Like many of you, we have many friends (and otherwise) stranded over the last few weeks.

The AA CEO was on TV earlier today, and he seemed to be a class act:
- took the blame (no punt, pass-the-buck)
- apologized
- explained at high level (caveat: complex problem, not something we reduce to sound bites)
- stood by his mechanics (skilled, trained NOT outsourced, etc)

I do hope they can buff this one out :eek:

It's such a pain to fly anywhere now. I try to fly AA as often as possible and BA internationally. Seems almost like the FAA goofed around with South West and now want to prove a point with AA.

Would love to have a nickle for every time I had to sleep in an airport. I spent over 20 years living in foreign countries. "May I have a hotel payment?" "Sure Bucko.":biggrin:

Back