• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

An auction NSX car (repo, stolen,?), will you buy it or is it a "no" "no" ?

Hi,
I want to know your opinion as NSX enthusiast of buying an auction NSX with no history.
Is there will be differences on the resale value?
Is it going to be difficult of selling it in the future?
I know you gentlemen are very picky.
The car that I saw looks perfect.

Thank you.

Get the VIN number and run a check on it, if it comes up clean then have an NSX expert check out the car. If they both come up clean then you have a good car. I wouldn't dismiss a car because it is in an auction or is a Repro, I would be a little more careful than usual though.

Also if you post more specifics about the car we can tell you what the car is worth so you don't end up spending too much at the auction

Good Luck!

Originally posted by Carguy!:
Get the VIN number and run a check on it, if it comes up clean then have an NSX expert check out the car. If they both come up clean then you have a good car. I wouldn't dismiss a car because it is in an auction or is a Repro, I would be a little more careful than usual though.

Also if you post more specifics about the car we can tell you what the car is worth so you don't end up spending too much at the auction

Good Luck!

Problem with buying at auction is that you usually don't have time to do all the "background checks". Unless you've brought your expert with you you're kind of limited to your own quick inspection and, maybe, a very quick drive down a lane at the auction site. If you are able to bring an expert along don't forget to factor in the cost of his time even if you end up not buying a car. I have "access" to buying cars at Mannheim auctions but I'm very reluctant to do it...

------------------
The NSX Model List Page

Originally posted by lemansnsx:
I have "access" to buying cars at Mannheim auctions but I'm very reluctant to do it...

Why? Manheim is the largest and best auction on planet earth. I've had great luck there in the past. The exotic sale always brings some fine cars through the lanes. Just stick with newer cars that are under warranty (which you can afford down there) and you'll be ok.

My friend just picked up a silver CLK convertible there last Friday and this thing is drop dead beautiful. 99', 18K miles just of lease it wasn't even listed on the pick sheet when he went in the door.

However, I would *only* bid on cars running the lanes that have a green light. If they don't have the title on hand or a yellow light is up don't bid.

[This message has been edited by ravetek (edited 12 October 2001).]

Back