• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Annual AutoAffair Car Show - Danville, CA 6/22/08

Just a heads-up that the annual AutoAffair car show in Danville, CA will take place on Sunday, June 22nd. The past couple of years there have been a few NSX's represented. Below is a link to the event info as well as a link to download the registration form. I believe that a portion of the proceeds for this event will go to the Make-A-Wish foundation.

http://auto-affair.com/eventfut.html

YOJACK1....I can forward the email that I received containing the event info to you if you would like.

Dangit... I just talked to you about this event too! But I won't be able to make it. I'm already going to be showing my car in another show down in L.A. For those of you who don't know about thies event, it's a great one with a lot of the exotics that we all dream of.

J

I just talked to the organizer of the show and he mentioned that he would really like to have a corral of NSX's at the show. So far there are 3 NSX's signed up. He is trying to get at least 6 or 8. This is a great show and a portion of the proceeds go to the Make-A-Wish foundation. A few of the guys on here have been to the show and I have heard nothing but positive feedback. Check out the link at the beginning of the thread to see pics from past events. Hope to see some of you guys there!

Does anyone know if the $50 fee includes the BBQ lunch, or whether that is extra?

Chip

Does anyone know if the $50 fee includes the BBQ lunch, or whether that is extra?

Chip

I don't think the BBQ or the wine tasting is included. I do know that half of the $50 entry goes to the charity. I am assuming the the other half of the entry helps pay for the event.

I went to the shop and registered for the event. So far there are 3 NSX's signed up. Miguel told me that a few of the exotics that will be at the show are...

-Bugatti Veyron
-Ferarri 599 Fiorano
-Porsche Carerra GT

The Silicon Valley Auto group will also be bringing some cars to the show.

Pics/movie from the 2006 event.....
http://auto-affair.com/exoticshow06.html

Last edited:
Hey Ryan. We spoke last Friday, while I was at Miguel's shop. He mistook me to be you as I parked beside his Lotus Elise (I normally visit his store driving another car). He then convinced me to sign up for the AutoAffair event on 6/22. I guess my '91 is among the 3 NSX's so far signed up for the show. I sincerely hope more will participate and support the event's beneficiary ---Make A Wish Foundation. I look forward to meeting you and other NSX owners.

-David

Hey Ryan. We spoke last Friday, while I was at Miguel's shop. He mistook me to be you as I parked beside his Lotus Elise (I normally visit his store driving another car). He then convinced me to sign up for the AutoAffair event on 6/22. I guess my '91 is among the 3 NSX's so far signed up for the show. I sincerely hope more will participate and support the event's beneficiary ---Make A Wish Foundation. I look forward to meeting you and other NSX owners.

-David

My brother and I will see you there!

Here are some pics that I took at the Auto Affair show. It was a great show with many rare exotics, including the Bugatti Veyron. I took a picture of a lease invoice for that car. Talk about sticker shock!!! :eek:

It was great meeting you David! Hopefully I will see you at some of the upcoming events! Tom, it was great talking to you about your Open Road Racing ventures!

http://flickr.com/photos/ryansphotomadness/

Great photos! It was nice meeting fellow NSX owners who really appreciate and drive their cars. I noticed many of the exotics on the show were either hardly driven by their owners or were just waiting to be owned. It's good to know NSX owners demonstrate real pride in ownership. Never mind that some people question the "exotic" status of the NSX.

-David

Back