• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

(Another) Compression Test & Leak Down results

For those concerned about high mileage NSX, my '91 currently has 149K on the clock and a few track days. Before sinking more money into the next stage of engine mods, I thought it would be best to inspect the overall health of the engine. So here are the results:

#1=200, #2=200, #3=200, #4=200, #5=200, #6=200 psi

Leak down test= 2% - 7% range

Big thanks to Shad/Ryan @ Driving Ambitions for their professionalism and continued maintenance of my high mileage NSX. Now back to the track to test some new mods...

For those concerned about high mileage NSX, my '91 currently has 149K on the clock and a few track days. Before sinking more money into the next stage of engine mods, I thought it would be best to inspect the overall health of the engine. So here are the results:

#1=200, #2=200, #3=200, #4=200, #5=200, #6=200 psi

Leak down test= 2% - 7% range

Big thanks to Shad/Ryan @ Driving Ambitions for their professionalism and continued maintenance of my high mileage NSX. Now back to the track to test some new mods...

awesome.

Whats the borderline range for leakdown numbers? I know for Pcar air cooled engines 6% is about the highest you want to see.

I believe 10% is borderline high (depending on age of the car). I had all seals, gaskets, sparks replaced to correct the #4 valve @ 7% as a preventative measure only. Also found a broken rear engine mount - common problem with age (replaced with SOS stage 2 engine mounts).

BTW, Shad mentioned that most american cars are happy to get 15% on their new cars alone. Honda reliabilty will only get you so far, then everything will need to be replaced due to age. I should be good for the next 150K miles.

Back