• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another CTSC dyno

Yesterday, I put my recently from the US imported '98 CTSC on the dyno.

Specs:
-22.5K Mls on the car, of which only 1.5K Mls with the CTSC setup
-CTSC Whipple type running low boost, just over 0.4 bar (6 Psi) max. on the boost gauge
-CT headers
-Taitec GTLW
-RPS stage 1 clutch/flywheel combo
-still using OE filter+airbox

Previous owner had stated that after full install, the car had been dynoed at 360 RWHP using Comptech exhaust.

I changed from Comptech to Taitec GTLW but must admit that even though the sound is awesome, on long drives this is just too loud for me so am probably gonna change back to the Comptech soon.

I did 2 dyno runs.
On 2nd run I put in the Taitec exhaust tip inserts mufflers, wanted to see what these do to power numbers.

Ambient temp 13 C.
Intake temp was measured by tapping into the OBD2 connector, so using the OE sensor:
Intake temp when driving with normal speed on the road: 49-51 C
Intake temp when running on the Dyno:
-1st run starting at 56 C, ending with 65 C
-2nd run starting at 59 C, ending with 71 C

1st run made 366.5 RWHP corrected, max torque 361.3 Nm:eek: :biggrin:

2nd run with the Taitec exhaust tip inserts: 356.4 RWHP corrected, max torque 345.6 Nm

So the inserts loose 10.1 RWHP/14.7 Nm and A/f ratio from 4.5K Rpm-up got richer too.

I will try to scan the dynograph later and post it here too.

Am quite happy with the numbers:rolleyes: :cool:

Last edited:
Yesterday, I put my recently from the US imported '98 CTSC on the dyno.

Specs:
-22.5K Mls on the car, of which only 1.5K Mls with the CTSC setup
-CTSC Whipple type running low boost, just over 0.4 bar (6 Psi) max. on the boost gauge
-CT headers
-Taitec GTLW
-RPS stage 1 clutch/flywheel combo
-still using OE filter+airbox

Previous owner had stated that after full install, the car had been dynoed at 360 RWHP using Comptech exhaust.

I changed from Comptech to Taitec GTLW but must admit that even though the sound is awesome, on long drives this is just too loud for me so am probably gonna change back to the Comptech soon.

I did 2 dyno runs.
On 2nd run I put in the Taitec exhaust tip inserts mufflers, wanted to see what these do to power numbers.

Ambient temp 13 C.
Intake temp was measured by tapping into the OBD2 connector, so using the OE sensor:
Intake temp when driving with normal speed on the road: 49-51 C
Intake temp when running on the Dyno:
-1st run starting at 56 C, ending with 65 C
-2nd run starting at 59 C, ending with 71 C

1st run made 366.5 RWHP corrected, max torque 361.3 Nm:eek: :biggrin:

2nd run with the Taitec exhaust tip inserts: 356.4 RWHP corrected, max torque 345.6 Nm

So the inserts loose 10.1 RWHP/14.7 Nm and A/f ratio from 4.5K Rpm-up got richer too.

I will try to scan the dynograph later and post it here too.

Am quite happy with the numbers:rolleyes: :cool:

i agree about the exhaust......on long trips....it makes a good bit of noise in the cabin....Not a bad sound....But you always sound like you a split second from driving fast......I will be switching back soon also......I only want to hear it when at WOT

i agree about the exhaust......on long trips....it makes a good bit of noise in the cabin....Not a bad sound....But you always sound like you a split second from driving fast......I will be switching back soon also......I only want to hear it when at WOT

Woosies... TGLW + test pipes is what minimum noise to me. The only thing that sucks is cops hear you ten thousand miles away.

The closest I can get to sounding like an F1 V10, the happier I am.

BTW: Good numbers.

Woosies... TGLW + test pipes is what minimum noise to me. The only thing that sucks is cops hear you ten thousand miles away.

The closest I can get to sounding like an F1 V10, the happier I am.

BTW: Good numbers.

Woosies???...U just gave another chief reason...not to have....It sounds like you are WOT at simple acceleration....Which can be cool at time. However cruising at 80 in 5th gear---CELL PHONE CONVO is effected. But his DYNO showed a loss of power also....The Comptech Exh is not a big trade off....I rather be faster then sound faster....:cool:

Re: Another CTSC dyno, now with graph

Red line: Taitec exhaust
Blue line:Taitec with insert mufflers installed

5z007b.jpg

If you are going to run it really hard for extended periods of time , i.e. track days. I would probably run the car a bit more richer than what the car was running with the 'red line' dyno...

13:1 is great for throttle response and power, but the cylinder temperatures are going to get pretty hot.

If you are going to run it really hard for extended periods of time , i.e. track days. I would probably run the car a bit more richer than what the car was running with the 'red line' dyno...

13:1 is great for throttle response and power, but the cylinder temperatures are going to get pretty hot.

My thoughts exactly, I would like it to be a little more rich in A/F (12.5-12.0)
How can I best do this on the CTSC kit?
Probably should try to raise the base fuelpressure a bit with the Comptech FPR adjustment?

I agree with the other guys. that is one poorly tuned SC. you need to get a handle on the A/F right away or will be buying a motor very soon.no F-ing joke dont run it under boost til you get something to control your A/F.

for the record I have not been here for awhile so I dont know what comptech is using for engine management but a year ago back they used less then a well set up n20 system. I think the swapped out the fpr and jumpered the fuel pump to 12v constant. they IMHO had their head in the sand when it came to fuel management or lack of it on the NSX SC setup. for 10k you think you would get a stand alone with a wide band sensor to monitor A/F
JUST MY .02
Best Regards David

ps good luck with it,you are making the power you are due to how lean you are. 14.7 is not the number you are looking for under boost conditions bro. let us know what the outcome is!

Re: Another CTSC dyno, now with graph

Red line: Taitec exhaust
Blue line:Taitec with insert mufflers installed

5z007b.jpg

the other pic i saw showed 11:1 afr...this one is 13:1?? bit too lean if you ask me for FI. even our VERY efficient m/c's that i build and turbo (with rods, pistons, etc) and small cc (compared to cars) i set up to run 11.5:1 under boost and up to peak tq. after peak tq you can lean it out a bit, but yours is a bit lean for a car boosted to 6-7psi if you ask me.

I wonder if you need an ACM update ? I have the same year NSX as you with the autorotor, I remember when the system was fitted by Shad at driving ambition he did some re-program of the ACM to add more fuel at higher RPM's (from what I remember), i think that this could be worth checking out?

Attached is my dyno result FYI, I guess that this is a good range to be in.

Attachments

• hp.jpg
    hp.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Kye_AF.jpg
    Kye_AF.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 56
Back