• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another member of the 200k club

I'm a little late posting this but as of Sept 14, I'm officially in the 200k club. I say 'officially' since the odometer now shows it but I've been over 200k for a while since I run 60 series snow tires in the winter (instead of stock 50s) which add an extra 6% or so. I'd guess for the 11 winters since 2001, I've put on about 30k miles (by the odometer) so that may have added a couple of extra thousand.

But this is no ordinary 200k mile-r. For those that haven't seen my posts before, this car is a US car bought in 2001 at 80k miles from an owner who did track days on weekends and I've personally added over 120k miles since then as a daily driver year round .. including the 30k+ winter miles in the Canadian Great White North. During my time, I've autocross it locally and it did back-to-back double track stints at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch at the Vegas NSXPO. I can also vouch for the fact that it has started at -40F more times than I can count and I once drove it for 350 miles at -36 with no issues. Truly a testament to how remarkable our cars are.

Good to hear that you are still moving. I see Joe's car on occasion; but, I haven't seen yours for a long time.

So, I guess this means that you are still assisting the City of Regina with its snow ploughing efforts? I remember a couple of years after getting my car a guy came up to me in a parking lot. He was a City employee who operated a plough during the winter and he had to tell me about a 'holy crap' moment he had while he was out operating the plough and was passed by a crazy in a black NSX during a blizzard.

I am assuming that "11 winters since 2001" is a typo, or have you switched to counting in base 20 ? ;)

I am assuming that "11 winters since 2001" is a typo, or have you switched to counting in base 20 ? ;)
Ha ha .. yes, brain fart! Will have to go back and edit. Yes, I'm still around but have been fully retired for about 6 yrs so don't put on as many miles but still drive it 4 or 5 days a week .. and don't tuck it away for the winter like you do. I was wanting to go south for engine rebuild/upgrade but covid put a stop to that and now I'm seriously overdue for a timing belt (time-wise) so don't want to put too many more miles on it until I get that done. Dealing with a CCU blower fan problem at the moment that needs to get fixed ..defrost season is approaching! ... Ian

Congrats on 200k! I love that you are not afraid of the winter. I used my 91 for years in the snow and it was fantastic.

Awesome! I'm about 10k behind you but it will have to wait until next year.

Do you have any corrosion issues with driving in the snow? Do they use salt up by you?

Awesome! I'm about 10k behind you but it will have to wait until next year.

Do you have any corrosion issues with driving in the snow? Do they use salt up by you?
Sorry for not replying sooner. I assume you know that the body and most of the suspension bits are aluminum so the only things that corrode tend to be non-aluminum bits like the exhaust; headers; etc. .. I haven't had to replace anything due to 'corrosion' although I did have to replace the oil pressure sending unit (twice) that's connected to the idiot light and it's down low by the oil pump so maybe related. The roads here aren't salted as much here because the temp usually is lower than the effective melting range .. but I've driven thru lots of salt/slush conditions and used to park at work in a heated garage so it was the worst case of the snow/salt mix melting while I was at work .. which had caused issues on my cars previous to the NSX.

Back