• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

anti-photo license plate covers

I have one on my car. I don't know if it works or if it's legal. I've never received a photo ticket with it nor have I been stopped for having it.

As an aside, if you have that girl in your avatar on the back of your car, the last thing anyone will care about is your license plate. :biggrin:

SCS2k said:
I have one on my car. I don't know if it works or if it's legal. I've never received a photo ticket with it nor have I been stopped for having it.

I was gonna buy one a long time ago, but never made up my mind...was wondering if the reflection works? is it like the photos where you look at a angle and it's reflected like that?

The polarized lens might work, depending on the angle (obvious). Doubtful the spray is effective.

It is illegal in CA to put anything over your license plate.

However, some company makes a strobe light that detects the photo radar flash. It flashes in return and washes out the image. Seems to work pretty good.

Drew

djskyy said:
I was gonna buy one a long time ago, but never made up my mind...was wondering if the reflection works? is it like the photos where you look at a angle and it's reflected like that?

I've never taken a picture from an angle so I'm not quite sure but it definitely is blurred beyond recognition when viewed from an angle. I'll take a picture and see.

One of the members on the Benz board is a pro photographer and he tried to make the spray stuff work and failed in his tests. He was trying to recreate the most likely conditions under which the roadside or stop sign camera would be laboring under and in some cases the spray actually seemed to improve the pictures he took.

I got distracted by the lights going off at an intersection. They are very bright and it was a double flash. I thought it was lightning or a nuke. Very annoying.
I was wondering, if the camera takes a picture for speeding over 60kph would your car be in the picture if you were doing 180kph?

They are illegal in CA if you're caught with it. Anything covering your license plate is techincally illegal in CA (dad was a cop, and it says so in the CA penal code book). I've had 2 different friends who have had it on their rear license plate (cops never said anything about the one in the front) and they got $300+ tickets for them.

Of course I knew people who had them on their cars and the cop never said anything when they were pulled over. Or probably never saw it or was in a 'better' mood that day rather than going after every violation that they could think of.

Back