• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Aston-Martin Owners Here?

Coincidentally, just a day after I posted the rumor article about a possible convertible NSX, Aston-Martin announced the drop-top version of the Vantage will be available later this year. Pricing looks similar to the NSX (starting at $160k), but I have no idea how much clicking things on the configurator adds to that. I will say that the number of customization options is staggering, and shows me what the NSX *should* have been like given all the bragging Acura did about the "bespoke experience".

Given I know many members here have other sports cars in their garage, has anyone owned an Aston-Martin? What the overall experience like (dealership treatment, reliability, service costs, etc.)?

Yea...I have a Vantage V12S. Fun car but you need to know how to drive it. Astons don't have as many 'built in nanny's' to help you drive the car. And this is more true if you own a V12S. Service is not cheap and the stealerships are few, so if you don't live close be prepared to drive for warranty work. Then when you're past warranty good luck finding a good service shop.

I considered a Vantage before getting my NSX. The base MSRP for a Vantage is wildly deceptive, and bordering an outright dishonest. For example, the base MSRP does not include wheels. You read that correctly. You must pay more for any of the available wheels. In other words, it is impossible to purchase a Vantage for the base price . . . unless you are ok without wheels, and other necessary components. IMHO, this is blatantly deceptive. The base MSRP should be the price of a base car, without any options or upgrades, that can be purchased and drivin off the lot.

Wow! Yeah, I was afraid of that. I think my wife and I are going to swing by one of the local A-M dealerships to check things out and to get a realistic price for a car configured the way we would want it. But I completely agree with your description of what the base MSRP should include!

Back