• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any good scooter forums?

* That really brings back memories- I restored a 60's Honda 160 (SL I think), when I was a teenager and drove it to college everyday in the early 70's, it got 90 mpg. Tons of fun in the hills too. I wouldn't drive it on the highway but perfect for short commutes.

what a hoot, eh?

the bike in the photo here is a CB160 converted to scrambler pipes - the gas tank and handlebars are the giveaway.

yup, great little bike. my friend and i rode his on the freeway in high school - 65mph was pushing it pretty hard. great town / back roads bike.

Robr-

You are correct that it may be a technicality to have a license and insurance, along with a properly registered vehicle, but be aware that if you have an accident, regardless of who is at fault, if you do not have a properly registered vehicle and it is deemed to legally require insurance/registration/license you will be found at fault and be adjudicated as guilty.

It's not worth the risk for me to take that chance. I have a legal motorcycle license, the registration fees for the scooter were $43, and insurance was $117 a year. Pretty cheap to stay legal.

what a hoot, eh?

the bike in the photo here is a CB160 converted to scrambler pipes - the gas tank and handlebars are the giveaway.

yup, great little bike. my friend and i rode his on the freeway in high school - 65mph was pushing it pretty hard. great town / back roads bike.

* I couldn't remember but I thought it was a CL because of the knobby tires and side pipes, maybe someone just modded it, I remember it had lots of low end torque for such a little bike, I used to hill climb with it on weekends. The most fun for a couple hundred bucks you could have back then.
You're right, 65-70 mph was about it.

Thanks for the spam and bringing my ancient post back from the dead. I don't even remember being interested in a scooter this was so long ago

Back