• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Harley owners here?

I've got a 2001 Deuce and it's been a great bike... stiff chassis and handles like a sport bike... Depending on price you have a bunch of options... but if you can pick it up right, and you like it.. go for it. New HD's have come way down. The only draw back on this style, for me, is two up riding isnt' as comfortable as a Bagger bike....

The softail drives well , fuel economy sucks, not a lot of gimmicks but a solid cruiser.
I've had zero problems with mine. Just replacing tires and brakes every 3k miles or so.

Fuel injection is a must and I suspect the one you're looking at has it. If you're not going to drive it much, invest in a battery tender though. Keep us posted

Thanks, and yes fuel injection is a must along with 6 speed tranny. No super long trips, just want some fun factor for the weekends.

I ride. If I had the chance to do it over again, I would have gone straight to a bagger or a dresser. Sportsters (or the like) are decent around town bikes, but on the open road aren't comfortable and anything over 45 mins or so makes you want to buy something less sporty. Neat for the twisties. I'm looking to upgrade as we speak......

I've ridden sport bikes 2/3's of my life. I rode an 08 Night train and loved it. It was just entirely different feel that I can't describe. I gotta say, I think I'm hooked.:redface: Theres a Huge Harley dealer right down the road from my house {convenient huh} and they rent Harleys out. I guess I need to ride different models to see what suits me. Lotsa baggers in our area. Maybe I'll give one a try. Thanks for the input.

Just saw that you're in TX...

If the night train falls through, I've got a GREAT 2001 Black Deuce, 3,200 miles, alarm, 3 seats etc.I'll sell! :) Bought it new in Allen Tx..(I'm in Plano) My buddy has a 2010 rocker...getting a divorce...color is red..I'm sure he'd sell.

Either way, enjoy the bike and ride safely.

Don't buy anything until you've ridden and compared several 'same type" bikes from different manufacturers. I test rode all the cruisers and the Harley V-Rod (2007> have a 240 rear - widest Harley has if you like a fat rear tire) blew me away (Victory Hammer was my second choice). I come from sport bikes as well and the lack of handling, ride and braking from all the other cruisers I rode left me wanting - they were terrible. If looks is all you're basing your decision on then it doesn't really matter what you get. The stock suspension on the V-Rod is typical Harley and an upgrade to Progressive shocks and springs is worth the $$$. You want a great cruiser - get the V-Rod or the Hammer.

Last edited:
I have a 2k11 Street Glide that I love. Good soft ride and plenty of room for storage with the optional tour pack for longer trips. and a more sleak look without the bags. For the more spirited rides i have a CBR1000. Best of both worlds.!!
attachment.php

a6_3.jpg

Last edited:
Whatever you end up getting, just watch out for distracted drivers.
Have fun and ride safe!

I sure have been enjoying my Gixxer..but I don't ride much more than 150 miles at a time...mostly on twisties. =O)

Back