• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any info on the $23500 NSX in LA?

I saw this thread on craigslist. The price is pretty good, I talked to the guy and will probably look at the car this weekend. Please let me know if anyone has any experience with this car.

Thread:
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/car/724835126.html

I also have another car in mind, I figure since I'm already asking about 1, I might ask about the other too.

1991, RED, NSX coupe, 35,000miles
Thread: Link to autotrader ad.

Last edited:
Yeah, that was the weird part. He sent me some interior picture. Looks like parts of the interior was painted silver, that's about all the differences I noticed.
None-the-less I will check it out this weekend.

--David

Why is it so cheap? Just based on that it sounds like a scam. Don't take cash with you when you go check it out ;)

to find out what??
And don't even say you want a CARFAX run.

Hi 92NSX, why is it forbidden to say that I want a Car Fax run? Sorry I was unclear what I wanted, when I said VIN check. I meant if anyone would be able to help me run a Car Fax on the Vin so I could find out of the car is in any major accidents, floods, or other big problems. That would save me time to have to drive out and look at the car; or maybe I might even miss thought things even if I had looked at the car.

However, if asking for a Car Fax is forbidden on NsxPrime. Please tell me, why and I won't ask again. My appologies if it is forbidden.

Thanks,
David

faxXx...

However, if asking for a Car Fax is forbidden on NsxPrime. Please tell me, why and I won't ask again. My appologies if it is forbidden.
Individuals affiliated/associated w/ CarFax are known to frequent online car forums/boards and if someone w/ who has paid for a CarFax account runs a VIN which was posted in a thread, that individual will lose their privilege to run further VIN's.

What people requesting generally do is the following...

"Hi, I am interested in car XYZ. If anyone has a CarFax account, can they please run the VIN for me? I will PM the actual VIN. I appreciate your time & consideration of this request."

If you wish for someone to contact you in regards to running the aforementioned VIN, you should delete it from the post and politely ask the person who quoted your post to edit their post.

As of late, there has been an ongoing argument on forums that running VIN's for those who haven't paid for the service is unfair to CarFax, and even unethical. It's assumed that if you're going to buy a car and you're checking out multiple offerings, the cost of the service is minimal and should be a part of the car-buying process.

I have been on both ends of this in the past: asking/requesting CarFax reports & offering/providing CarFax reports.

Last edited:
Re: faxXx...

Wow Osiris,
I never knew it was such a big issue. You're right, paying for the car fax service is minimal. I was more or less in a rush to get a car fax and didn't have time to open my own account. I took for granted that NSXPRIME community has been so friendly in the past; I felt like prime members are always trying to help other prime members get into an NSX and probably wouldn't mind helping me out. I never realized that if they ran my carfax they may lose their rights to run their own vins. I would never want that to be the case.
I'll be more considerate of CarFax's business and not ask for free reports.

Thanks,
David

Individuals affiliated/associated w/ CarFax are known to frequent online car forums/boards and if someone w/ who has paid for a CarFax account runs a VIN which was posted in a thread, that individual will lose their privilege to run further VIN's.

What people requesting generally do is the following...

"Hi, I am interested in car XYZ. If anyone has a CarFax account, can they please run the VIN for me? I will PM the actual VIN. I appreciate your time & consideration of this request."

If you wish for someone to contact you in regards to running the aforementioned VIN, you should delete it from the post and politely ask the person who quoted your post to edit their post.

As of late, there has been an ongoing argument on forums that running VIN's for those who haven't paid for the service is unfair to CarFax, and even unethical. It's assumed that if you're going to buy a car and you're checking out multiple offerings, the cost of the service is minimal and should be a part of the car-buying process.

I have been on both ends of this in the past: asking/requesting CarFax reports & offering/providing CarFax reports.

It wasn't in the best shape. The interior material was redone. I guess a small crowd of people would like it. But it's not my cup of tea. The stereo is altered and needs work. Tweeters were just slapped on there, they are lose and move around. Shifter knob looks like the ones you pick up at pepboys, except it doesn't even screw on, it's broken. The engine compartment is really dirty. The battery has spilled acid, spare tire is missing. Car is obviously repainted; front bumper and rear bumper needs a respray.

Overall, the car isn't bad for the price. But the car will require too much work in the cosmetic area. I passed on it.

--David

Re: faxXx...

Wow Osiris,
I never knew it was such a big issue. You're right, paying for the car fax service is minimal. I was more or less in a rush to get a car fax and didn't have time to open my own account. I took for granted that NSXPRIME community has been so friendly in the past; I felt like prime members are always trying to help other prime members get into an NSX and probably wouldn't mind helping me out. I never realized that if they ran my carfax they may lose their rights to run their own vins. I would never want that to be the case.
I'll be more considerate of CarFax's business and not ask for free reports.

Thanks,
David

takes less time to open up a carfax accout then typing this above mesage.:smile:

i seen this car around too. no interior shots from the owner... looked shady. usually somethig wrong with a nsx in the mid low to mid 20s

Last edited:
Back