• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

any Mugen roll bars available in Japan?

Looks like the mugen bar wont fit with me in the car.
I need every inch of space available at 6 3" tall and it's obvious it's not going to work.
Thanks for your posts.
Being tall sux sometimes.:frown:

Looks like the mugen bar wont fit with me in the car.
I need every inch of space available at 6 3" tall and it's obvious it's not going to work.
Thanks for your posts.
Being tall sux sometimes.:frown:

That's not true; I used one for over a year, and I'm 6'2" - the bar closely follows the contour of the rear bulkhead, so space reduction is minimal. The bar is also constructed from cro moly, so it's relatively lightweight.

The product is difficult to install and remove, and does impede access to the rear bulkhead electronics, fwiw.

Also, to clarify, the Arm's Engineering 'backbone' is a similar product, not a replica. I doubt they would appreciate their item being classified as such.

That's not true; I used one for over a year, and I'm 6'2" - the bar closely follows the contour of the rear bulkhead, so space reduction is minimal. The bar is also constructed from cro moly, so it's relatively lightweight.

The product is difficult to install and remove, and does impede access to the rear bulkhead electronics, fwiw.

Also, to clarify, the Arm's Engineering 'backbone' is a similar product, not a replica. I doubt they would appreciate their item being classified as such.
I'm closer to 6'4" and i checked the seat clearance at the back of the car and if i lose an inch of the seat reclining(thickness of the bars)or lose an inch of the seat being able to fully slide backwards then it seems i dont have enough room.
I will check again and make sure.

Sorry I have been away...here are the pictures...I bought it from King...works very nice with quality belts...very stiff and tight fit...takes some muscle...but it works...

Attachments

• IMG_5098.jpg
    IMG_5098.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_5099.jpg
    IMG_5099.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
That's actully a different style to one i'm after.
Here's a pic of scorps old one.
If anybody has one like this forsale please let me know.
Cheers

Attachments

• mugen bar.JPG
    mugen bar.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 117
it is going to be very difficult to find such an item...I considered buying that "loop" version back in the day... I decided to go with the above for tracking purposes and ultimately belt placement. I was very happy was this setup. Some have modified my version to resemble and replicate the "loop" version. Find a welder/ fabricator and he should be able to weld on to my version. I will drop my price...just PM me. I really dont need mine anymore. I now have a cage in my NSX...thanks...

Back