• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any non-obvious issues to look for with used NC1s?

^^ They should just call it the TLX (Accord or whatever) / RLX (Legend) - Type S is not a car name, it is a special spec combining sportiness, lightness and luxury, without being stripped out for track capability (Type R):

https://www.acura.com/news-and-press/press-release-detail?article=11177-en

I can't work out from the above what the second new "Type S" concept model will be - maybe NSX?

Last edited:
^^ They should just call it the TLX (Accord or whatever) / RLX (Legend) - Type S is not a car name, it is a special spec combining sportiness, lightness and luxury, without being stripped out for track capability (Type R):

I can't work out from the above what the second new "Type S" concept model will be - maybe NSX?

Many times, with Japanese companies, you have to read between the lines or put more focus on what they aren't saying. By emphasizing the "Type S" brand, they could be resurrecting the Legend name with the Type S nomenclature, gauging US interest in a higher performance sub-brand, or intending to show the rest of the automotive world that Acura will live up to it's motto. Or any of a multitude of other reasons.

It reminds me of when the HSV prototypes were running around and Honda was calling the model the "NSX successor." Which means that they weren't necessarily going to call it an NSX.

Back