• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Opinions/Experience on the "Tornado" Intake Devices?

You've seen them for sale on the Speed channel, and now Dali Racing has a link to one for the NSX. It's the metal (stainless steel?) "Tornado" insert device with fins that channels air flow into a vortex when you put it into your intake. They claim up to 10% increases in HP and modest increases in fuel economy. Anyone using this in your NSX yet? Reviews?

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Tubi exhaust, Dali street anti-sway bars, Dunlop SP9000s

Absolutely worthless.

There have been a few independent tests of this product.

Verdict--->Garbage.

------------------
1991 NSX Red/Black

http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002733.html
http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/003715.html

Remember your friend, the...

search.gif

[This message has been edited by Forums Nazi (edited 22 May 2002).]

Sort compact car did a test with it on a 240SX, it made 1 hp and lost 1 lb of tq. I dont see how the swirl can keep "swirling" when the air hits the thottle plate. Im not a physisist though.

This goes in the same category as those “radar jammers” that don’t emit any radar energy. If you are dumb enough to buy this, by all means go ahead. What is that expression about a fool and his money?

Although I don’t think too many NSX owners have fallen for this one, the FTC should really get involved with these guys.

Originally posted by David:
I will sell you a magnet that attqaches to the side of your motor and uses the mystic forces of magnatism to give you more gas milage.

And it will add 20 hp if it's shaped like a pyramid!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by David:
I will sell you a magnet that attqaches to the side of your motor and uses the mystic forces of magnatism to give you more gas milage.

How much?

Better call the "Inventor's Helpline" before someone steals this and starts selling it at Pep Boys and Autozone.

EDR

Nazi's "search" post cracked me up.

Thanks Ken, I kinda missed that guy. More than a few times, I've told myself, "I wish the Nazi would tell this dude to press the search button."

Back