• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any specific questions?

I think I have it nailed down to a black '93 with light colored interior. Anybody know of one? Also, are there any specific questions that I should ask the owner when I talk to them. Thanks
biggrin.gif

I think I have it nailed down to a black '93 with light colored interior. Anybody know of one?

You are narrowing yourself to one of 15 cars in the country*, out of the 8,000 or so NSX's. You are not likely to find one that way. Be more flexible on year and/or exterior color and/or interior color; otherwise you could search for a year and not find one.

* See the "production numbers" section of the FAQ for details.

You may find that the ivory interior is more work than it's worth.

Or, you may find that it brightens up the otherwise gloomy cockpit and gives it a real sense of panache. IMO, of course.

I speak from experience.

As do I.
smile.gif

who's the Nazi imposter, and who's Ken.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

[This message has been edited by ScienceofSpeed (edited 02 April 2001).]

I found my Red/Ivory to be beautiful as well, but ivory mats and an ivory interior were too much for me to keep clean.

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

I've gone to black carpet in my '91 and my new black seats will arrive tomorrow. I've changed out the ivory door padded door sills, front hood and gas tank finger pulls, now the interior has a very suttle two tone look. My ivory seats are in very good condition but they always seem to have that slightly dirty look. I'm planning on keeping them to sell with the car though. The ivory seats are good in the summer heat though.

There is a black 93 with light interior at the local dealership in syracuse. I think it was around 35k with about 40k miles on it. I looked at it about a month ago. Seemed pretty nice except the interior seemed dirty and the speaker covers on the doors were torn. Repost if you are interested and I will call them to see if they still have it. I could e-mail you some pictures maybe.

I have to respond to this 'cos I have Black/ivory and it is GORGEOUS!!! I have black floor mats but I seriously have never had a problem keeping it clean and I rarely ever clean it!!! I drive it daily and only vacuum it out about once every 2-3 months!!! It's the cleanest, classiest interior I've ever had. I thank God every day that I held out for ivory when many black came across my path.....

View

------------------
Todd Arnold
NSXotic.gif

http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

Nice pic, Todd!

Did you put white nail-polish in the "Acura" indent on the steering wheel or is that just an optical trick?

And those seats are just too incredibly clean, I see that you finally learned to use photoshop!
wink.gif
)

Seriously, I would be afraid to seat on those, they are just too pretty! Good job!

P.s.: I just noticed in your pic that the doorsills and even the trunk release button are white, wow!

[This message has been edited by rquintero (edited 02 April 2001).]

Originally posted by steveny:
There is a black 93 with light interior at the local dealership in syracuse. I think it was around 35k with about 40k miles on it. I looked at it about a month ago. Seemed pretty nice except the interior seemed dirty and the speaker covers on the doors were torn. Repost if you are interested and I will call them to see if they still have it. I could e-mail you some pictures maybe.

That would be great I do appreciate it.

Hey smartass Ralph, there is definitely no photoshop going on!!!
smile.gif
The steering wheel is painted by me but with aluminum model paint to match the shifter...... I have since removed it... The door sills and trunk button are white from factory; I didn't change these.... BY the way, I LOVE THE FRICKIN" IVORY and it NEVER gets dirty. I don't understand what the fuss is about. 10 yrs and perfect!

------------------
Todd Arnold
NSXotic.gif

http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

Back