• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

anybody had a problem with centric clutch master or slave cylinder ?

I replaced few months back master and slave clutch cylinder with centric and the slave gave up on me on intersection 1,200 miles away from home.
I guess OEM from now on.

does the slave cylinder have AS 13/16 cast into the side of it (AS is Adler Pelzer , 13/16 is the bore ). The master will have Nissan 5/8 cast into it . slave is cast steel , master is aluminum. I believe AS stands for automotive slovakia

Last edited:
does the slave cylinder have AS 13/16 cast into the side of it (AS is Adler Pelzer , 13/16 is the bore ). The master will have Nissan 5/8 cast into it . slave is cast steel , master is aluminum. I believe AS stands for automotive slovakia

I learn here something every day. I was born in Czechoslovakia and had no idea that AS stands for automotive Slovakia. I will have to check those cylinders over the weekend.
I was glad that manager at Wendy's let me leave the car in parking lot and two days later I could replace it. We made it to Mideast meet. There are very nice and helpful people in this group. Thanks everybody who helped.

yikes that must have been very suboptimal...:mad:

I learn here something every day. I was born in Czechoslovakia and had no idea that AS stands for automotive Slovakia. I will have to check those cylinders over the weekend.
I was glad that manager at Wendy's let me leave the car in parking lot and two days later I could replace it. We made it to Mideast meet. There are very nice and helpful people in this group. Thanks everybody who helped.

You'll have to do some research to find auto slovakia , i search adler pelzer and all its affiliate buisness and stumbled on a/s .

Just curious what does this have to do with the Centric clutch master/slave cylinders?

Don't have any experience with Centric, but recalled reading some posts here that the Centric is very similar to the OEM's.

its very possible the centric units could be oem , most of these after market parts are just reboxed from the oem vendor. I have a slave cylinder from borg warner that i know is oem from a/s , because of the limited production of nsx no company is going thru the casting and tooling cost, easier to by from oem supplier. Also have one from Beck Arnley , is oem no doubt about it .

Last edited:
I think the Centric is OEM from another post where all the casting artifacts were compared. The molds might have been sold off and now they are being created by another operation.

It would be interesting to see what failed on the slave, maybe [MENTION=31127]acuhon[/MENTION] can tear it down?

I am suspicious that Centric has exited from the supply of NSX clutch master and slave cylinders. If Rockauto shows no inventory and no expected delivery date that is typically a sign that the listing is going to disappear. Luk / Schaeffler now appears to be the only aftermarket supplier (which is probably the same as the OEM supplier).

The brake MC is another NSX only part. Centric still appears to be supplying those; but, if you think your brake MC might be getting to the point of replacement you may want to pick one up while Centric is still supplying them.

Centric is probably not seeing much up-side in stocking a part that they probably only sell 15 per year.

Last edited:
I used Centric master and slave clutch cylinder in couple NSX over last 8 years and newer had any problems. One of a few parts I used aftermarket and not OEM. Before I used them for the first time I measured everything and they were identical to OEM. Since them I just drop them in. I guess I should measure and properly adjust the master cylinder. It looked like the slave was pushed just to far. I didn't have a chance to measure the slave cylinder yet, but will keep you posted.

Back