• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anybody in Santa Barbara recommend a PPI?

I posted a vehicle info request over in this thread, but I figured it might get more attention here in Regional...

I'm not looking for a carfax.... I already ran a AutoCheck and it came out fine...

But I was wondering if anybody in the SB area can give me tips on how to go about getting a PPI? I live in LA, so I don't know anything about the dealerships/mechanics in Santa Barbara.

Additionally, if there are any NSX-experts who would be willing to swing by that dealership and give me their honest opinion of the car, I would be willing to pay for your time... and be super grateful :redface:

PM if you have any info! Thanks in advance guys!

I live in San Francisco now, but I lived in Santa Barbara for years. When I purchased my second NSX I was living in Santa Barbara and had a PPI done at Gold Coast Aura in Ventura. In fact, they always serviced my car when I was in that area. They have great NSX techs and a few of the sales people own them as well.

I've heard that the first NSX sold in the United States was sold at Gold Coast Acura. As I heard the story, there were two guys standing there with their check books and the bidding started. As I recall, it was somewhere around $90K to the first owner. Really don't know if this is true or not.

Regardless, take it to Gold Coast. They are great.

Good luck.

P.S. If you want some personal contacts, PM me.

I'll second Gold Coast Acura (805)642-3600. Ask for Norman, the tech who got trained to work on NSX's before it came out.......and he is still there :biggrin:

I'll second Gold Coast Acura (805)642-3600. Ask for Norman, the tech who got trained to work on NSX's before it came out.......and he is still there :biggrin:

:biggrin::biggrin:Yeah, Norman was the tech that always worked on my car when I lived in Santa Barbara!! Great guy. He has forgotten more than I would ever know about a NSX. He always took me to the service area where customers were not really allowed, always took me on test rides, always brought me back and explained everything, etc. The customer and tech service at Gold Coast were wonderful. Those guys are fantastic.:biggrin:

Hi -- I'm resurrecting an extremely old thread. I see that Norm @ Gold Coast is still there from this thread, and that's my first choice for a PPI in the SB area.

However, if I need a PPI closer to SLO/Santa Maria, are there any recommended shops?

Back