• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone contemplating the purchase of the S spec NSX?

I was disappointed that I did not see the unveiling of the car via streaming. However, I got my hands on the press release that discusses what has been done to the car. I am excited. I was concerned that there would not be a Carbon Fiber Roof and it turns out that all of the cars will have that. I also found out that I can get it in the Novella Blue which is the color of my 2017. So I am a happy camper. I think I am going to buy one. They actually seem a bit cheaper with a loaded one at around $195k. Now I just need to find a dealer to sell me one and then I need to sell my current car.

Ordering mine this morning! Barely slept.

My dealer just reached out asking if I wanted to trade in my 2021 NSX for their Type S order and pay some difference (selling above MSRP). I hear the original order for the Type S cannot be transferred and that Acura is making first owner hold on to it for a period of time. Unconfirmed what time period.

Any one else hear that last piece?

I doubt that Acura will require anyone who purchased a Type S NSX to keep the car for any period of time (Unlike the last Ford GT). As I understood, if someone decided to not take the car that they purchased then either it reverts back to Acura, or the car is brought into the dealership and then can be sold to someone else. It is determined by when the original purchaser backs out. If after the car has been manufactured, then it goes to the dealer. If prior to manufacturing, then I thought it went to Acura for a determination as to how it would be assigned.

yep there is still the waiting list....I'm sure some dealer principles ordered a car and will have one for sale at a hefty ADM

There was one recently listed by a dealer (IYP) for $469k, we heard it sold for $400k after a long bidding war. Read all of this on FB pages, wonder if that is true and what the actual selling price was?

I doubt that Acura will require anyone who purchased a Type S NSX to keep the car for any period of time (Unlike the last Ford GT). As I understood, if someone decided to not take the car that they purchased then either it reverts back to Acura, or the car is brought into the dealership and then can be sold to someone else. It is determined by when the original purchaser backs out. If after the car has been manufactured, then it goes to the dealer. If prior to manufacturing, then I thought it went to Acura for a determination as to how it would be assigned.

I had to sign something that I wouldn't sell for 2 years. I said that could say 20 and I'd still ink it. Love my NSX's and would never sell them. I'm addicted to the Type S, gets better with each drive.

I had to sign something that I wouldn't sell for 2 years. I said that could say 20 and I'd still ink it. Love my NSX's and would never sell them. I'm addicted to the Type S, gets better with each drive.
Totally off topic but how do you like your Del Sol ? I have been tossing around the idea of getting one. I too have an S2K and enjoy it but wifey feels it is to small and won't ride in it with me. Is the Del Sol any bigger ?

del sol is Deltiny

Totally off topic but how do you like your Del Sol ? I have been tossing around the idea of getting one. I too have an S2K and enjoy it but wifey feels it is to small and won't ride in it with me. Is the Del Sol any bigger ?

It's small and in all actuality, I've only driven it once or twice. It was beyond immaculate and just an awesome addition to the collection. I bought it off another NSX owner, well known collector and enthusiast. I'd pickup another Del Sol but with a B series to mod and play with but I'd realistically never drive it either. Needless to say, I'm a big fan of the older Honda's and Acura's.

It's small and in all actuality, I've only driven it once or twice. It was beyond immaculate and just an awesome addition to the collection. I bought it off another NSX owner, well known collector and enthusiast. I'd pickup another Del Sol but with a B series to mod and play with but I'd realistically never drive it either. Needless to say, I'm a big fan of the older Honda's and Acura's.
LOVE the Del Sol and I'm a sucker for any CRX!

Yeah, I would love one but considering I rarely even drive my S2K, it would be hard to justify having another car just pretty much sit there and not get driven. I'm just a sucker for Honda products.

Back