• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone done a window recently?

There are four plastic slider blocks that are attached to the window and they slide up and down in the tracks. They are rectangular. Do they go in landscape which is very tight or portrait which is very loose?

Thanks,

Patrick

Looks at the pic on page 20-10 in the on-line service manual. Looks like portrait. I have not had one apart in a while:).

HTH,
LarryB

Larry Bastanza said:
Looks at the pic on page 20-10 in the on-line service manual. Looks like portrait. I have not had one apart in a while:).

HTH,
LarryB
Thank you Sir.
Yes it does doesn’t it? It’s a two piece block and it’s sprung so that in the portrait orientation it can be smaller or bigger from top to bottom as you compress the springs.
Why would they do that? Can someone give me a definitive answer on this?

Thanks,

Patrick

I just took mine apart today. They do go in portrait, and are very loose. I'm wondering how this works because one thing I wanted to address was my windows being loose and moving some front to back while rolling up and down. Nothing seems broken, and I am cleaning out all the old grease and relubing. Anyone know anything else to check?

SugrueNSX said:
Thank you Sir.
Yes it does doesn’t it? It’s a two piece block and it’s sprung so that in the portrait orientation it can be smaller or bigger from top to bottom as you compress the springs.
Why would they do that? Can someone give me a definitive answer on this?

Thanks,

Patrick

Back