• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone else from Hong Kong?

My NSX was imported to Sydney from Hong Kong by the last owner a while back and I'm going to bring it back to Hong Kong next year

Anyone from Hong Kong knows when will the law of classic car changes from 20 years to 30 years again?

The gov. has changed once in Sep-09 but canceled one week after, any news for the law now?

Thanks

hjkhjkhk.jpg

I haven't heard of any further news about this either.

My buddy has just bought a '93 NA1 Type-R last year and he is sure that he can get it registered by 2013.

I will try to find out more info when I have time on my hands, hope this helps for now.

P.S. Is your car the one with 02+ conversion with Racing Hart C5 wheels?

if you owned the car overthere for more than 2 years, you can bring it back with no problem even the rule change...:tongue:

I haven't heard of any further news about this either.

My buddy has just bought a '93 NA1 Type-R last year and he is sure that he can get it registered by 2013.

I will try to find out more info when I have time on my hands, hope this helps for now.

P.S. Is your car the one with 02+ conversion with Racing Hart C5 wheels?

A friend of mine was working on a private import company, he told me that it is rumored the gov. are changing the policy soon, probably on next year.

Whoa, that's sweet your friend got a Type-R in HK, if the policy remain unchange your friend's NSXR will sure able to register in 2013, but I think it's abit risky as the policy only stated that they remain unchange temporary. 09-13 was bit too far for temporary. Too risky for me

20090901_69e9734421de21f478ffdxYq52otv5yg.jpg

20090901_e47b793c52091352c3ceMipYrc8OH6yO.jpg

*from HK discuss

Let me know if you have any more info, that would helps alot, I'm thinking when should I bring the car back to HK as I still have 1.5 years time to do in Sydney

Yes, I think you've already know the car was used to own by Wilson from HK, hahaa ^^"

any more info about that? I owned the car for 5 years already

In a recent (yesterday, in fact) discussion with my importer, as long as you own a car (RHD, any year of manufacture) under your name for over 6 months, you may bring the car back as personal asset have it initially registered only under your own name. I haven't asked about Australia but this definitely applies to cars from UK and Japan. Logically, this should apply to you.

In a recent (yesterday, in fact) discussion with my importer, as long as you own a car (RHD, any year of manufacture) under your name for over 6 months, you may bring the car back as personal asset have it initially registered only under your own name. I haven't asked about Australia but this definitely applies to cars from UK and Japan. Logically, this should apply to you.

Thanks for your info, how bout the tax in this case? I want to register as a classic car so I can pay less for the tax

Thanks for your info, how bout the tax in this case? I want to register as a classic car so I can pay less for the tax

Tax is not judged by you or me but the government authority responsible for examining your car in particular. It all depends on sales value in terms of year of manufacture, rarity, etc...

Hi guys

Are you guys meeting up during xmas and new years eve?

I will be in HK and Shen Zhen 19 Dec - 2 Jan

Hoping to meet our fellow HK NSX owners.

Cheers

Rols

Hi, imam from HK too !

Even if you have owned the car for 6 months abroad, i believe the car will still need to pass the emission test.

Some members of the HKNSX Club were talking about your car during our get-together recently.
We are most familiar with the history and the HK owner was once our member. He has since graduated to Ferraris/Lambos/Porsches etc.
So when do you plan to import the blue special. I would use AA to simplify the procedures. They may be pricey but do an excellent job. There will be a tax on this car but amount will be acceptable. Make sure U have all the invoices.
When U eventually licenced the X, join us for our spring dirve/dinner in April.
Good luck.:smile:

Thanks everyone. Just got some delay on my graduation.

Still got 1.5 - 2 years time to do here.

anyway, see you all around on our fb group.

Some members of the HKNSX Club were talking about your car during our get-together recently.
We are most familiar with the history and the HK owner was once our member. He has since graduated to Ferraris/Lambos/Porsches etc.
So when do you plan to import the blue special. I would use AA to simplify the procedures. They may be pricey but do an excellent job. There will be a tax on this car but amount will be acceptable. Make sure U have all the invoices.
When U eventually licenced the X, join us for our spring dirve/dinner in April.
Good luck.:smile:

Last time I checked with AA their pricing seemed very reasonable to me. Im guessing they outsource it, but not sure... at least they will fill out all the forms for you :tongue:

Back