• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone else noticed people asking to trade their "..." for an NSX?

I've seen everything from S2000s, to Evos, to Supras, to RX7s and 350Zs here lately. It seems EVERYONE wants one. :eek:

Would any NSX owner be seriously considering such offers for their NSX?

What do you feel is an appropriate trade for an NSX given how much you value the car monetarily and sentimentally?

I've seen everything from S2000s, to Evos, to Supras, to RX7s and 350Zs here lately. It seems EVERYONE wants one. :eek:

Would any NSX owner be seriously considering such offers for their NSX?

What do you feel is an appropriate trade for an NSX given how much you value the car monetarily and sentimentally?

The only thing that's close in value that I'd trade mine for is a cayman s. Although that's still more than what I paid for mine so I really wouldn't trade mine for anything. Unless the person trading me didn't have a brain and wanted to take a huge loss.

Stephen

I would consider a 98 low mileage Quicksilver turbo bone stock Supra

NSX is a step up from Evo, 350z, s2000, supra. If I want those cars, I would of bought one in the first place. So trading for a step down car would not interest me. FWIW, you don't see late model Ferrari and Porsche owners wanting to trade for NSX.

NSX is a step up from Evo, 350z, s2000, supra. If I want those cars, I would of bought one in the first place. So trading for a step down car would not interest me. FWIW, you don't see late model Ferrari and Porsche owners wanting to trade for NSX.

I think there was a thread a little while ago about a guy who was trying to ditch his 348 in favor of an NSX. I think the consensus was that something was wrong with the 348 for the guy to want to trade for an NSX.

Maybe people have other motivations for wanting to step down to another car with cash?

Mortgage crisis? Maybe something else? I dunno.

A Mustang. an old one..about a 1943 model.

p512.jpg

its nice to have a change.

personally ihave 2 nsx and other cars, i dont drive them very often...

its nice to get a trade + cash and get something new. free up some $ for business.

as long as both parties are happy. why not?

i wouldn't consider trading a nsx for a supra TT to be a downgrade. Considering that the supra is a faster car in every way even stock for stock, and the supra is still a very timeless beauty.

_H0J0617.jpg

_H0J0585.jpg

nothing wrong with driving a japanese batmobile.

I disagree about the Supra issue

I think the NSX and Supra are similar but not that much. The supra is not as pretty or sexy as the NSX IMO. The Supra still has the beefed up Celica look to it. The NSX is more Ferrari or Lambo looking. The mid-engine cars have this look to them that is pretty sweet(except the MR2) The passengers sit further up and just looks completely different all together. Now as far as speed goes the Supra is a better platform for balls to wall 1/4 mile speed. However, sooner or later you will have to turn the car and the NSX has better handling. The Supra engine is damn near bullet proof. Hell, they have dozens of these running around with 1000 hp engines in them. That is amazing to me. If you put 450+ in a NSX and you will blow a valve or rod at some point and then need a rebuild. Then again I don't know for sure if the 1000hp Supras have engine rebuilds either but I am assuming no.

Re: I disagree about the Supra issue

I think the NSX and Supra are similar but not that much. The supra is not as pretty or sexy as the NSX IMO. The Supra still has the beefed up Celica look to it. The NSX is more Ferrari or Lambo looking. The mid-engine cars have this look to them that is pretty sweet(except the MR2) The passengers sit further up and just looks completely different all together. Now as far as speed goes the Supra is a better platform for balls to wall 1/4 mile speed. However, sooner or later you will have to turn the car and the NSX has better handling. The Supra engine is damn near bullet proof. Hell, they have dozens of these running around with 1000 hp engines in them. That is amazing to me. If you put 450+ in a NSX and you will blow a valve or rod at some point and then need a rebuild. Then again I don't know for sure if the 1000hp Supras have engine rebuilds either but I am assuming no.

I don't see how you can even compare the celica to the supra esp after just posting up those pics of that gorgeous supra. The supra has the classic FR sports car proportion with the long nose and the short back. The passenger sits behind the middle of the car. Also don't assume the supra cannot handle stock, the supra has world class handling and porsche like brakes at the time. A stock supra will always out lap, out brake and out skid pad a stock NSX any day of the week.

You guys must've mistaken this fact just because the NSX feels better, doesn't actually make it better. There are hard numbers to back the facts but there is without a doubt that the nsx is the better drivers car of the two.

also just because the NSX resembles a ferrari or a lambo doesn't mean the supra does not resemble anything exotic either. You know there are such things as a front engined ferrari right? Or how about the Aston martins? Just because the engine is not in the middle does not make it any less exotic.

novitec-rosso-ferrari-599-gtb-fiorano-2008-8.jpg

Hamann_Ferrari_599GTB_side.jpg

fer0003.jpg

vs

_H0J0617.jpg

looks pretty damn close in shape to me and nothing like a celica if you ask me.

I think the NSX and Supra are similar but not that much. The supra is not as pretty or sexy as the NSX IMO. The Supra still has the beefed up Celica look to it
So you said they are similar and then said "not that much". So are they similar or not? "Beefed up Celica??" The early Supras circa 1980's were beefed up Celica (Celica XX) but aren't we talking about the Mark 4 Supra here? I have not seen a Celica that looks like the Mark 4 Supra.:confused:
Steve

The Getrag trannys are pretty stout too. Record for stock longblock with cams is 1000hp. Both cars shine in there own ways. Thankfull to have both.

supra5006.jpg

supra5008.jpg

So you said they are similar and then said "not that much". So are they similar or not? "Beefed up Celica??" The early Supras circa 1980's were beefed up Celica (Celica XX) but aren't we talking about the Mark 4 Supra here? I have not seen a Celica that looks like the Mark 4 Supra.:confused:
Steve

I think he's talking about the older ST205 Celicas with the four headlight arrangement.

Interestingly enough, the same guy who designed the exterior for the Mk.IV Supra also did the Hyundai Tiburon.

Greetings

I have an engineer where I work who wants to trade his Boxster for my 2003. He really wants to steal it -- considering what he keeps telling me I should take for it. I tell him that $80K will buy Black Beauty -- really because I don't want to sell it and if I wanted a Boxster, I would have saved money at time of purchase and bought a new one (Boxster would have been significantly cheaper new than my NSX used).

Martin

Last edited:

I don't see how you can even compare the celica to the supra esp after just posting up those pics of that gorgeous supra. The supra has the classic FR sports car proportion with the long nose and the short back. The passenger sits behind the middle of the car. Also don't assume the supra cannot handle stock, the supra has world class handling and porsche like brakes at the time. A stock supra will always out lap, out brake and out skid pad a stock NSX any day of the week.

You guys must've mistaken this fact just because the NSX feels better, doesn't actually make it better. There are hard numbers to back the facts but there is without a doubt that the nsx is the better drivers car of the two.

also just because the NSX resembles a ferrari or a lambo doesn't mean the supra does not resemble anything exotic either. You know there are such things as a front engined ferrari right? Or how about the Aston martins? Just because the engine is not in the middle does not make it any less exotic.

novitec-rosso-ferrari-599-gtb-fiorano-2008-8.jpg

Hamann_Ferrari_599GTB_side.jpg

fer0003.jpg

vs

_H0J0617.jpg

looks pretty damn close in shape to me and nothing like a celica if you ask me.

This Ferrari 599 is exactly what Honda is aiming at with the new NSX IMO...I think this is the best Ferrari out there right now for styling as the F430 doesn't inspire nor does the old 360.

I'd trade my NSX for this car... ;)

Back