• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

anyone ever been in a 512tr?

I've had about 10 laps at speed on a track in one. I was honestly a little dissapointed. I was expecting more power and more TQ and a lot more noise. But, on the noise front, I did have a helmet on, which cuts out a lot of it.

Nonetheless, the 512tr to me is on the the best looking cars ever made. It defines exotic to me. Far more exotic than a 550 or 575. The interior was gorgeous covered in leather, but I didn't like how offset the pedals were for the driver.

If I ever have the money to own one as a toy, I would.

NetViper said:
I've had about 10 laps at speed on a track in one. I was honestly a little dissapointed. I was expecting more power and more TQ and a lot more noise. But, on the noise front, I did have a helmet on, which cuts out a lot of it.

Nonetheless, the 512tr to me is on the the best looking cars ever made. It defines exotic to me. Far more exotic than a 550 or 575. The interior was gorgeous covered in leather, but I didn't like how offset the pedals were for the driver.

If I ever have the money to own one as a toy, I would.
so there was not a lot of noise? you can find 1988 testarossas in exlnt condition for 60K. but they are NOISY!!!
the TR's are a lot more money. but i would be willing to pay if they are quiet. i finally found a good ferrari mechanic in my area.

willabeest said:
so there was not a lot of noise? you can find 1988 testarossas in exlnt condition for 60K. but they are NOISY!!!
the TR's are a lot more money. but i would be willing to pay if they are quiet. i finally found a good ferrari mechanic in my area.

With a Helmet on, there was not a lot of noise. I am sure there is a lot more without it.

I would not own anything but the 512TR. I don't like the 88's and I don't like the F512M. (rear end is nasty and exposed lights look out of place)

This one is nice:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...rt_year=1981&isp=y&lang=en&cardist=200#vdptop

NetViper said:
With a Helmet on, there was not a lot of noise. I am sure there is a lot more without it.

I would not own anything but the 512TR. I don't like the 88's and I don't like the F512M. (rear end is nasty and exposed lights look out of place)

This one is nice:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...rt_year=1981&isp=y&lang=en&cardist=200#vdptop

beautiful car.

what a shame that it has those horrid self-retracting seat belts. i had those in my integra gs-r and i absolutely hated and i mean hated them

First time I saw it up close, WOW! Sat in one and played with the throttle. Can't stop dreaming about it until now. The posters are in my office.

Back