• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone ever had a tail light bend or bow??? Now leaks

I noticed moisture in my right tail light (2002), it has been dry for about 2 years since I change the gaskets. Well, I am looking closely and notice it is bowed a good bit (maybe 1/8th inch in the center) and I am certain that caused it to loose the seal with the gasket.

I have LED bulbs in there, but they have been in for about 2 years, and were purchased from a guy here on Prime, likewise the left side is still just fine. I took all the bulbs out and do not see any rust in the sockets.

Any ideas that I might check for?

Thanks so much guys.

Tommy

I think it's common....especially in high heat states and/or cars in the sun. My '03 came "bowed out" and was an aquarium inside when I washed the car so I took some clear silicone and went over the top of it...........or you can buy new lights

yes I have a few pair now that you can visibly see they are warped or bowed, the sun will do this. I have 2-3 year old 02+ rear lights on my NSx and they are slightly bowed but not much.

but they still hold their seal. so no worries.

Back