• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone ever seen wheel fans on an NSX?

At risk of taking a virtual punch to the face, has anyone ever seen any wheel fans on an NSX? I think wheel fans are something of an acquired taste and are more 80's retro than 90's retro, but I'd be curious to see how one would look with the RIGHT wheel fans. Could be kind of cool, might be atrocious. Hence this thread...

This could be kinda cool the way that giant bolt on fenders on an NSX could be kind cool. You have to be whacked to think this is the car to do that to. But again - to each his/her/their own. Sorta like red dyed sheepskin seats and a big hood scoop you could barely see over....it's possible, but the question would be "why"...to which you could answer "why not"

Your mileage may vary. Good luck - you own and NSX and that's not a minor accomplishment.

It's indeed 70's / 80's retro:
Hyundai_N_Vision_74_Concept_%2814%29.jpg

Maybe with the help of photoshop or midjourney you'd get to see how they look on a NSX...
Definitely not period correct though.

This could be kinda cool the way that giant bolt on fenders on an NSX could be kind cool. You have to be whacked to think this is the car to do that to. But again - to each his/her/their own. Sorta like red dyed sheepskin seats and a big hood scoop you could barely see over....it's possible, but the question would be "why"...to which you could answer "why not"

Your mileage may vary. Good luck - you own and NSX and that's not a minor accomplishment.

As I was saying in my opening post, wheel fans certainly are an acquired taste and truth be told I'm not sure if I like them or not. I certainly understand the theory behind them and some race teams are using them to this day. Manthey Racing are using them on their Porsche GT3 albeit only on the rear wheels and there are other teams/tuners using them as well. I've always believed in the "form follows function" philosophy so that carries significant weight.

Somehow I'm just not able to visualize them on an NSX and can't get a "feel" for how they would look. As far as being "period correct", I think that they are and they aren't. They really came into vogue during the late 70's-mid 80's but were still being used in the early to mid-90's. Again, they're still in use today. Having said that, I don't think they've ever been used on an NSX, so in that regard they are NOT "period correct" or at least not "manufacturer correct".

I'm still curious to see how they would look. I've been convinced that wheel fans will make a big comeback but even if they do, I suspect that they just won't look right on the NSX. One thing for sure, if I, or anyone here decides to get wheel fans, there's a strong possibility that we'll have the only NSX with wheel fans!

As I was saying in my opening post, wheel fans certainly are an acquired taste and truth be told I'm not sure if I like them or not. I certainly understand the theory behind them and some race teams are using them to this day. Manthey Racing are using them on their Porsche GT3 albeit only on the rear wheels and there are other teams/tuners using them as well. I've always believed in the "form follows function" philosophy so that carries significant weight.

Somehow I'm just not able to visualize them on an NSX and can't get a "feel" for how they would look. As far as being "period correct", I think that they are and they aren't. They really came into vogue during the late 70's-mid 80's but were still being used in the early to mid-90's. Again, they're still in use today. Having said that, I don't think they've ever been used on an NSX, so in that regard they are NOT "period correct" or at least not "manufacturer correct".

I'm still curious to see how they would look. I've been convinced that wheel fans will make a big comeback but even if they do, I suspect that they just won't look right on the NSX. One thing for sure, if I, or anyone here decides to get wheel fans, there's a strong possibility that we'll have the only NSX with wheel fans!
Have someone photoshop a set of those wheels on an NSX - it's not that hard to do if you are experienced. You could almost walk away thinking it was a photo if they are good. Just an inexpensive suggestion

Hahaha yeah, I saw that at: https://www.instagram.com/dlng.designs/?hl=en

Can't say I'm a fan (No pun intended) of that particular one. As I remarked in my initial post I'm kind of on the fence about them and really am leaning more towards not liking them. The only way I'd really consider it would be if some endurance racing team or some GT300 or GT500 team had been using them, and in that case I might consider replicas of those fans it IF they looked cool! To the best of my knowledge, I don't think anyone have used them on an NSX, so it's probably a moot point.

Really this whole thread is more of a mental exercise/topic of discussion, especially as, let's face it, this really isn't an active site!

Photoshop is a good suggestion, and thank you to the couple people that suggested it!

DLNG Design maker some pretty cool stuff (Link above). Again, not for everyone, but some of it is pretty cool/clever!

Back