• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone familiar with this car?

My 0.02 would be to get the VIN from the seller and run a CarFax on it to start. After you get it's history, you can probably make a better determination if it's worth it. I've been tracking some NSX's on Ebay for a few weeks and the dealers are pricing them way too high and they don't sell.

You can also check the VIN against the 'totalled' list here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/totalledvin.htm

Used NSX Checklist here: http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/BuySell/used_nsx_checklist.htm

Additional resources here: http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/GeneralInfo.htm

I believe you could find a perfect '92 do all of those mods and still be under the price they are asking. I would definately think that a car that has been that modified has been tracked some. It also would seem that a car with those mod's would probably frequent some of the NSX forums. Get the Vin and the NSX number and someone here might know the exact history of the car.

To put things into perspective, you can get a brand spanking new NSX-T for about $15k more. A car with those kind of mods are most likely driven pretty hard. No way in hell I'd pay $60k for a 92, even with those mods.

park place tends to be high on all their pricing. hal can probably comment more than I can since he is in pdx, but I browse their site because they typically have cool cars and are on the west coast. I'll tell you though, they must negotiate a lot off their listed price or they would never sell a car.

GRCNSX, call Bob at comptech and see if he knows whose car that is - tell him justin told you to call him. why is everyone so hung up on whether the car has been tracked or not? big deal if it has, that is what this car is made to do. I doubt it has been RACED, and there is a big difference between TRACKING a car and RACING it. sabashioyaki, the car in the ad with those mods will run circles around a stock 97.

That car looks real clean to me, in fact it looks like someone had some $$ did all the mods then never used it. if the price were right (its not now), I would sure consider it.

The only reason to do those mods it to at least take it and do time trials.

I was interested in this car but when I saw the 60k price tag I didn't bother to folly up on it. Now if they would take ~15k off the price it would be a good buy.

-matt

I did some checking. The car has a clean history from it's VIN. Though it is always best to find the previous owner.

If my math is correct there are about $24,500 in mods to the car if you pay comptech's list price.

E-mail me, I will tell you the price I was quoted on the car to compare it to what you were told.

This car is a consignment from a nsx owner in Portland. It is very clean, and has lots of go-fast parts, however, is pricede very high. It has been tracked, but has been well maintained. If anyone would like a complete inspection, I can take a look at it. Just setup a time with the dealer. Ask for David Crenshaw at PP.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

Personally I wouldnt pay that much for a car that is almost 10 years old.. I would rather save a bit longer and buy new or very close to new.. I suppose Im not really interested in heavy mods though

At closer glance that car is in amazing shape in and out. With that much work put into it I would really wonder why anyone would want to sell it. It's a beauty!

People talk about tracking a car like it's a bad thing.

I've seen a lot of NSXs. The heavily modified NSXs that are occasionally taken to the track are, on average, better maintained than those that are not. You don't take a car with problems to the track. I wouldn't buy someone's used racecar, but I'd be just as comfortable buying one used for the occasional drivers school as one that never went to the track.

Further, there are cars built like that when they are brand new (before there is even a potential buyer lined up). So just because a car is built up doesn't mean the intention was to track it. Maybe it's just a show piece. I know people who have installed nitrous on their NSX and never even filled the tank because they only installed it for car show purposes.

When I mentioned "tracking" I never implied I'd refuse any car that ever saw the track, I just wanted to be sure this car was not abused weekend after weekend. Occasional track use is fine, in fact that's exactly what I'd do with the car myself.

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
This car is a consignment from a nsx owner in Portland. It is very clean, and has lots of go-fast parts, however, is pricede very high. It has been tracked, but has been well maintained. If anyone would like a complete inspection, I can take a look at it. Just setup a time with the dealer. Ask for David Crenshaw at PP.

-- Chris

Chris is this Paul's car?

Back