• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone get a flat? Tow or sealant?

if you all got a flat tire would you even use/trust the oem sealant? (assuming it could be used)

Or would you just have the vehicle towed to the shop?

If really stuck use the sealant; it should work fine. If convenient to get towed, I'd choose that first. Not for distrust of the sealant; it's just that the sealant makes a real mess inside the tire and sticks to the wheel. Very difficult to fully remove.

I've done that. Easy if close to home. Be careful with the rotors if CCB.

Edit: Also remember your speed rating is gone on that tire.

I just jacked it up and removed the wheel and took it to a tire place.

I have extensions for the wheel removal, but not at the time so I wrapped a towel around the brake rotor and was careful not to drop the rim on it when removing.

Jack is not included.

Any recommended jack's that can be easily stored in the cargo area...without it rolling around and taking up a bunch of space? lol

Any recommended jack's that can be easily stored in the cargo area...without it rolling around and taking up a bunch of space? lol

I have three floor jacks. One is small, aluminum, and is good for 3000 lbs. while it would fit in the back trunk, I think you would also want a stand just in case the floor jack won’t hold. That us a lot to carry around in your trunk but doable. This. Is one reason why I keep my AutoClub membership alive. I pay extra for up to 100 miles of towing on a flat bed. My old 2001 NSX came with an aluminum scissor jack. Not sure of the weight capacity, but that did not take up much space. It was a work of art.

Back