• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

anyone have anything to say...? JH4NA1158PT000578

good god! thats high mileage!

though good assurance that maybe my NSX will make it that far in its life!

from a person that has searched NSXs for the last 5 mnths before buying one this weekend, IMHO it is too much.

You should get that car for <24k

anyone have contrary opinions?

NSXFreak00 said:
You should get that car for <24k

anyone have contrary opinions?
Yes. As a longtime observer of the NSX marketplace, I don't think you can estimate a price for that car. It's just too unique. Yes, a '93 with 172K miles would normally go for <24K. But this is the first time I've seen a car with mileage that high AND with a Comptech supercharger. I think the SC adds value, but again, I would hesitate to estimate just how much this car is worth.

This NSX has been listed on E-Bay a number of times over the last few months.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47366

Still For Sale!

I would say that you should go look at the car in person.
Have cash in hand or financing pre-approved (although financing on a vehicle of this age may be difficult to find using the car as collateral).

Depending on how this Dealership acquired this car will make a difference on how motivated they are to sell it. If it is a consignment sale then they are probably not too motivated. If it is a consignment sale you can request that your offer be made directly to the Seller, perhaps the Seller is motivated. If it was taken in on a trade the Dealership is "Flooring" the vehicle and is losing $ by lost interest or cash-out expenditure and the deferred income/profit that a sale would produce. Many times after a vehicle does not sell in a reasonable amount of time it indicates that it is priced above what the market will bear. In other words they want too much $$$ ! Experienced Dealers recognize this and will often sell vehicles that have become "stale" for their cost or slightly less than their cost so to reinvest their capital into something that will have better market appeal.

As far as the miles go-
The SC does add some value but it is uncertain just how much. Questions to ask: How many miles on the SC? Was the SC new or used when it was installed? How many miles on the engine before and after SC installation? Does the engine have any internal mods? If the engine with the SC is high mileage I would not give the car a lot of add-on value. The internal stress that the SC can create may (or may not) cause pre-mature failure of critical componants. I suggest calling Comptech directly and talk with Shad with some of these questions.

I have seen some NSX NA 3.0 with 250,000+ miles and I know of one with close to 350,000 miles. Not all engines and chassis will go this many miles but the point is that it is possible to acheive these miles with the proper maintenance, care, and a little luck.

IMO- You should try to buy the best NA that you can afford and add the SC when your budget allows. Or buy this one (if it checks out ok) for a price that you are comfortable with and enjoy it!

Remember, generally you get what you pay for.
Clean, well maintained early NSX will cost $27,500 - $33,000
Some exceptional examples will cost more.
Higher mileage and vehicles with issues will be less than these averages.

Good luck with your search.

yeah,.. i think that place is a rip-off. last time they also had a 91 nsx with like about 99k miles on it and they wanted 29,999. brookhurst/garden grove, i see it all the time.

my humble opinion.....and this coming from a person that has owned an NSX for less than a week, but has been researching NSXs for at least the last 6 MONTHS, on a day to day basis.

for a 91, that is wayyy too expensive. I hope when my precious baby is 15 yrs old, I would be happy w/ a $22k pay out.

The comptech supercharger does add a lot of value, but it also means its most likely been raced and driven hard. Personally, I want a car thats been babied, like mine ( i hope). I talked to a few NSX specific technicians, and the consensus is the superchargers may cause the longevity of the car to lessen. You are talking about a car w/ ~200k miles!!....

Have you looked on ebay or autotrader lately??? you can easily find a better deal. negotiate a good price and LOOK AROUND.

happy hunting...

Figure the SC adds about 4k (50% intial cost) to what the car is worth without it. so 23k +/- 1k +4k. So 26k to 28k is probably the range it shouldbe sitting in -if the car is in good shape otherwise.

Thanks for the input guys. I'd love to buy an nsx from a private seller but 1: my bank won't finance a car over 5 yrs old and 2: I don't want to give out my info on lendingtree.com. Any other ideas? I only drive ~3k a year so maybe I can stretch the car for 5 yrs then save for a 3.2 6 spd before the engine blows? lol.

kam3ham3 said:
Thanks for the input guys. I'd love to buy an nsx from a private seller but 1: my bank won't finance a car over 5 yrs old and 2: I don't want to give out my info on lendingtree.com. Any other ideas? I only drive ~3k a year so maybe I can stretch the car for 5 yrs then save for a 3.2 6 spd before the engine blows? lol.

I got a great rate from PeopleFirst.com when I bought my 91 in 2003. (6.1%)
from a private seller...Don't settle for what the conventional bank tells you about buying a car that is 5+ years old..There are plenty of E-Banks that will compete to lend you money for an older car...Why are you worried about lendingtree.com??? :confused:

I dunno. Worried about identity theft I guess... I see the "enter social security #" and it makes me nervous. lol

91 X said:
I got a great rate from PeopleFirst.com when I bought my 91 in 2003. (6.1%)
from a private seller...Don't settle for what the conventional bank tells you about buying a car that is 5+ years old..There are plenty of E-Banks that will compete to lend you money for an older car...Why are you worried about lendingtree.com??? :confused:

I bought my 1992 thru ELOAN.com last year and got 5.69% for 72 months with 0 down. :biggrin:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
I bought my 1992 thru ELOAN.com last year and got 5.69% for 72 months with 0 down. :biggrin:

I got a similar loan through PSECU on my 91 with 0 down. Just took some researching. Good luck :smile:

Back