• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone have experience with Texas dealers? (Metal Paradise, USA Autobrokers, etc)

Well thanks to the remarkably helpful comments of the folks in this forum, I've begun my search for used NSXs. I've come across a dealer in Texas and would like to hear your opinions if you have dealt with this person/company before.

This may well be a network of dealers in Texas (first red flag), as the same cars I've tracked through ebay and their websites appear in different companies' webpages.

One of these companies is called Metal Paradise, and another is called USA Autobrokers. Both are located in Texas (Houston area I think)?

Upon emailing them, I received a reply to call them instead (another red flag, though to be fair a lot of dealers prefer to give you the hard sell over the phone rather than answer your specific questions by email).

Any opinions?

Thanks,
David

Originally posted by drliu:

Well thanks to the remarkably helpful comments of the folks in this forum, I've begun my search for used NSXs. I've come across a dealer in Texas and would like to hear your opinions if you have dealt with this person/company before.

This may well be a network of dealers in Texas (first red flag), as the same cars I've tracked through ebay and their websites appear in different companies' webpages.

One of these companies is called Metal Paradise, and another is called USA Autobrokers. Both are located in Texas (Houston area I think)?

Upon emailing them, I received a reply to call them instead (another red flag, though to be fair a lot of dealers prefer to give you the hard sell over the phone rather than answer your specific questions by email).

Any opinions?

Thanks,
David

Email me your phone number at [email protected] and I'll give you some good input for Texas dealers.

Bill www.nsxsc.com

While looking for my used NSX, I asked my local dealer of choice (that services my 3.5RL) to give me some direction. They did a computer search of Acura dealers for used inventory (which came up empty). However, my service advisor (Susan Tableman - great lady), was aware of a couple of her customers who were interested in selling their NSX privately. Service advisors tend to know their customers - ask at a couple of dealers... you might get a good lead.

EDR
91 Black/Ivory #3012

There are several dealers of high-end and exotics here in Houston that I would classify as 'shady' at best. One that I know of had a white NSX several years ago for months and months (it was offered to me numerous times by one of the owner's sons) that was well-known for having been virtually completely rebuilt. These places seem to get terrible-to-marginal cars and then sell them at prices that in black-and-white seem great. Once you see the car...whoa!

Before buying my NSX I test drove three BMW 850i's at one dealer. The first two had numerous electrical maladies, the third one had chrome wheels with oversized tires - the rich, basketball player look is the best way I can think of describing it. While test driving it I took it under one of the U's under the freeway at a normal speed - the tires rubbed so badly that I thought something was going to fly lose.

Most of these dealers sit on a short stretch of the Southwest Freeway (I-59 South). When considering a car from one of them, I wouldn't buy it without having it thoroughly inspected by a dealer of that marque, and no way in hell would I buy one sight unseen. There are simply too many near-perfect low mileage NSX's out there at very reasonable prices to waste your time with a rebuilt one, or one whose owner failed to, or could not afford to maintain it.

Back