• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone in the DFW area want to drive a 335i coupe?

zmt

... Because I'd love to drive an NSX!

First off, hi everyone! *wave*

My name's Roger, and I've been lurking on the forums on and off for a long time now. I've always been a fan of the NSX (it was my poster car as a kid) and I'm finally in a place where I can start the search for one in earnest. I talked to a couple of the DFW members at the last C&C and I tried to not be too annoying, dunno if I succeeded or not.

So here's where I ask for a big favor: I don't really have much time behind the wheel of an NSX (I've driven a friend's 02+ around the block a few years back but I don't remember anything about it), and as much as I admire the cars, I can't see spending up to and over $30k on a ~20 year old car if I don't love the driving experience. I can't imagine that being the case, but I want to be 100% sure before pulling the trigger. I'm wondering if anyone in the area would let me and my wife behind the wheel of their car for a bit to get a feel for the NSX. We're both 30+ mature adults and both our daily drivers are manuals so we won't be wrecking clutches or anything.

Now don't everyone jump up at once! I don't have anything super rare to offer anyone to test drive, but if anyone's never driven a tuned N54 powered car before they're not so bad themselves. 400 lb/ft of torque is addicting in its own way.

Long story short: If anyone would be suuuuuuper nice and let my wife and I behind the wheel of their car to help us make sure we want an NSX I'd really appreciate it, and I'd be more than happy to let whoever offered drive my car in return (I know that's not really an equitable offer, but it's the best I can do). If not, I understand and I'll just keep waiting for a dealer to get one on their lot so I can bug them instead!:biggrin:

I think I just met you today. I have a red 97 and I met you while you were test driving a 96. Was that you?

I think I just met you today. I have a red 97 and I met you while you were test driving a 96. Was that you?

yup, that was me. I'd still like to find some time to drive one that's not in the middle of rush hour traffic and where I can bring my wife along though. There's no way I'd be buying that '96 anyway.

Did you drive it? I'm curious to know how it compares for someone that already owns one. I'm especially curious about the brakes on that car. The pedal effort was really high, I'm not sure if that's a normal thing for the NSX or not.

If its in the budget, get a 97+ 6-speed, it's much nicer to drive and has some nice differences over the early models.

If its in the budget, get a 97+ 6-speed, it's much nicer to drive and has some nice differences over the early models.

It's not :biggrin:

I just want to find a decent driver so I can have fun with one for the next couple of years. I'm looking in the sub 30k range, likely going to have to find a car with ~100k miles (which is fine w/ me, since I'm probably going to put 7k/year on whatever I buy).

I've already confirmed that I prefer the feel of the manual steering to the EPS cars, and now I'm trying to figure out the "mystery of the weird brakes" as I reported in this thread:

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162020

Also, if anyone knows of someone wanting to buy a 6mt 335i coupe, my sedan came in today so the coupe is for sale! PM me for details.

Back