• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone know this car and how he got NSX_R Diff

2002 silver with ZMI brakes, diffuser, nitrous...

Looks like AJKS's NSX. I didn't realize he sold it.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27220
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23875
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18280

attachment.php

Last edited:
..Given nitrous, I would do comp check and leakdown on that sucker. That's a stock motor that was doing 11s with papers. It's light, in much part b/c of teh ZMI, but it was pushing some serious boost...

I personally really liked the ZMI, but it got poor support. Everyone, without providing real data, says "titanium rotors are bad.." bleah bleah bleah. I'll buy it on the track, but for the street? THe 70 lb loss at the wheels is highly appealing to me...

Even if the naysayers are right, you're SOL WHEN that rotor cracks b/c ZMI doesn't exist and I don't know of any company that will make one for you :)

So, if you want it to be a show car.. that may be it..

How the heck did this guy get the NSX-R diff?

When you have the diff out torque it down to NSX-R spec. simple as that and free.

When Larry B repaired my snap ring trans., he had suggested doing it to complement my short gears and NSX-R Final drive. :cool:

I dunno but WOAW that car is perfect!!!!!!! :eek:

No not perfect ....it is Silverock after all:rolleyes:

..Given nitrous, I would do comp check and leakdown on that sucker. That's a stock motor that was doing 11s with papers. It's light, in much part b/c of teh ZMI, but it was pushing some serious boost...

I personally really liked the ZMI, but it got poor support. Everyone, without providing real data, says "titanium rotors are bad.." bleah bleah bleah. I'll buy it on the track, but for the street? THe 70 lb loss at the wheels is highly appealing to me...

Even if the naysayers are right, you're SOL WHEN that rotor cracks b/c ZMI doesn't exist and I don't know of any company that will make one for you :)

So, if you want it to be a show car.. that may be it..

Dang I'm drooling just thinking about saving 70lbs at the wheels. Acceleration/handling from that alone would be aewsome.

You should be able to get the NSXR 4.23 and related parts from SOS.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/drivetrain_performance_products/NSX/Honda/NSX-R_RP/

..I'd like to know how to get the Rear diffuser..hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No can do with NA2 and power steering. I'd have to get the Zanardi steering rack and a 93 or 94 diff then get all NSX-R parts.

When you have the diff out torque it down to NSX-R spec. simple as that and free.

When Larry B repaired my snap ring trans., he had suggested doing it to complement my short gears and NSX-R Final drive. :cool:

NA2 NSXs can't do that mod with our diffs as explained to me by LarryB. I'd need all the parts listed above.

No he wasn't! I gotta know how he did the diff:mad:

I don't get it, isn't this how? :confused:

If so, it sounds like a mod we should all be doing.

You need a 1991-1994 differential, and thinner differential collar (PN: 41581-PR8-J00) and an extra spring plate (PN: 41696-PR8-000) to have the same preload as the NSX-R.

Last edited:
You need a 1991-1994 differential, and thinner differential collar (PN: 41581-PR8-J00) and an extra spring plate (PN: 41696-PR8-000) to have the same preload as the NSX-R.

^Thats right I forgot about that^ I did not know you could only do this with the older model.

Does anyone else have those mirrors on their NSX? or similar styled mirrors? would like to see some pics.

^Craft Square makes the mirrors^
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/TAITEC/race_mirrors/

Hey thanks for the part#'s Chris!

Ugh the diff mod is overly complicated! I would just get the OS Giken but I hear it makes funky clicking sounds and I don't want to hear all that while I street drive:mad:

It's not really that complicated. Giken or Chris "says" the "new" model doesn't make the noise. I'm waiting with baited ears to hear if this is true. Probably not. If you plan FI, you probably don't want the gear set though.

It's not really that complicated. Giken or Chris "says" the "new" model doesn't make the noise. I'm waiting with baited ears to hear if this is true. Probably not. If you plan FI, you probably don't want the gear set though.

Yeah I'm waiting on that as well. No I like NA and I'm probably one of the few that thinks the NSX is fine NA.

As noted, the R does not use a different diff; just a few different parts. Anyone who can pull a diff apart and put it back together (not hard) can do it. I have done that mod on every nsx I have owned.

Have you done it on NA2's??? Several people including SOS said it can't be done due to the NA2's EPS

I highly doubt those calipers and rotors are made out of titanium. Who is the manufacturer? Maybe titanium "color/look"...

Also a little skeptical if they are really straight cut gears...

Last edited:
If you plan FI, you probably don't want the gear set though.

Im FI and love my 4.23/JDM short gears...makes a huge difference:biggrin:

I highly doubt those calipers and rotors are made out of titanium. Who is the manufacturer? Maybe titanium "color/look"...

Also a little skeptical if they are really straight cut gears...

Real deal on the calipers and rotors ,but the company that made them went out of business

He purchased it and installed it:).

But....after a more careful inspection of the ad, there is some inconsistent info. But the NSX-R Diff can be put in.

In regard to the EPS you can go manual steering or swap it for an earlier system.

LarryB

Hey Larry

You helped me with this before ,but I have a question? While I was researching this I found that SOS agrees with you in that a differential swap is needed ,but Dali has the 4.235 that's for "2002+ 6 speed only"???

Now SOS says that the 4.235 won't work with NA2s because they all have EPS but that's not true since the Zanardi doesn't so wouldn't this part work with a zanardi non power unit?
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=984

Real deal on the calipers and rotors ,but the company that made them went out of business

Hey Larry

You helped me with this before ,but I have a question? While I was researching this I found that SOS agrees with you in that a differential swap is needed ,but Dali has the 4.235 that's for "2002+ 6 speed only"???

Now SOS says that the 4.235 won't work with NA2s because they all have EPS but that's not true since the Zanardi doesn't so wouldn't this part work with a zanardi non power unit?
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=984
what was the name of that brake manufacturer?

Back