• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone know this white wrapped white Nsx?

Hey guys I'm here again. To avoid the "took a turn" in last post, without talking bout my age and exp and stuff, have any of u guys seen this car before?
image.jpg It's strangly white wrapped over white. Car all clean and stuff. But has the fake mugen wheels. Already have my mechanics friend checked out. Now asking for 33k as is. If it's not white, I woukdn't stay one more second on his post. But white has always been a thing to me. Been in market for over half a year. This is the first reliable and approachable one. Any info about it will be appreciated. I'm checking it out this weekend.
Here is the link for reference: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/4873676773.html

I'd jump on this opportunity quickly. GPW's in good condition are hard to find at this price. The mileage wouldn't scare me off as long as all maintenance has been performed by a reputable shop.

I wouldn't be interested in this car unless the owner had detailed pictures before it was wrapped. Even then, who did the wrap job? Was it done properly, or are there lots of cut marks in the paint under that wrap? Seems a little strange to wrap a white car white even if it is a slightly different shade.

my friend saw this car thinking he wanted to buy it. he said it was a bit of a basket case. "basket case" is a relative term since he's a pretty picky guy.

Why would someone spend $2k or more to wrap a white car with a white wrap. There are better ways to protect the paint.

A more general question...

I don't understand the hype around GPW. People are asking at least $7-10k above rational logic. Don't feed the GPW machine!

$0.02.

U r right. I've seen people wrap Mat black over blk paint. So I didn't see it much other than a preference.
Im looking for ways to find its original paint pics or a way to inspect the paint underneath.
And the price are so high for gpw that even think about a wrap ;)

my friend saw this car thinking he wanted to buy it. he said it was a bit of a basket case. "basket case" is a relative term since he's a pretty picky guy.

Why would someone spend $2k or more to wrap a white car with a white wrap. There are better ways to protect the paint.

A more general question...

I don't understand the hype around GPW. People are asking at least $7-10k above rational logic. Don't feed the GPW machine!

$0.02.

I can see why someone would wrap it pearl white, even if it was already GPW.... It's a temporary pearl without the expense and devalue of a paint job... Easier to wrap also since you don't really need to do door jams, engine bay etc...

But as a seller, I would want to unwrap it back to stock if I was serious about selling...so that is kinda weird... I wouldn't buy it without seeing the actual paint... looks like a decent deal if all major service is recent and everything else checks out though considering prices these days...the Sebring silver that just sold for $37,000 are a once a year type deal that pops up very rarely....

There is also a 56k mile93 for 37 with 20k upgrades that I like:) and another 120k mile 94 with ce28 for 32k. All are well maintained. If this one doesn't work out. I'll hop on the others.

I can see why someone would wrap it pearl white, even if it was already GPW.... It's a temporary pearl without the expense and devalue of a paint job... Easier to wrap also since you don't really need to do door jams, engine bay etc...

But as a seller, I would want to unwrap it back to stock if I was serious about selling...so that is kinda weird... I wouldn't buy it without seeing the actual paint... looks like a decent deal if all major service is recent and everything else checks out though considering prices these days...the Sebring silver that just sold for $37,000 are a once a year type deal that pops up very rarely....

You guys are right. Many reasons why someone would want to wrap a car. The problem is... it's just one big ? as to what's really under there. You have to take their the owner's word for it which is not always an easy thing to do from a complete stranger. You also have to assume that the condition of the interior or the engine bay is a depiction of how the paint must be, right? And apparently this white car isn't what anyone would call immaculate.

You will find NSXs come in really different conditions but the prices all tend to hover around the same range. I would prioritize condition over high mileage. In other words, i'd rather buy a high mileage NSX that's in really good condition than a low mileage car that was abused. Duh, right?

You guys are right. Many reasons why someone would want to wrap a car. The problem is... it's just one big ? as to what's really under there. You have to take their the owner's word for it which is not always an easy thing to do from a complete stranger. You also have to assume that the condition of the interior or the engine bay is a depiction of how the paint must be, right? And apparently this white car isn't what anyone would call immaculate.

You will find NSXs come in really different conditions but the prices all tend to hover around the same range. I would prioritize condition over high mileage. In other words, i'd rather buy a high mileage NSX that's in really good condition than a low mileage car that was abused. Duh, right?

Yep...also, I personally wouldn't buy a car that is wrapped, unless of course I knew first hand what the paint was like before the wrap...and my car is wrapped:tongue: but I don't plan on selling anytime soon....:biggrin: but if I ever have to, I'd unwrap it in a second....otherwise, you really aren't looking to sell...

What do u say bout this one? Kinda similar to yours right?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/4876996734.html
Yep...also, I personally wouldn't buy a car that is wrapped, unless of course I knew first hand what the paint was like before the wrap...and my car is wrapped:tongue: but I don't plan on selling anytime soon....:biggrin: but if I ever have to, I'd unwrap it in a second....otherwise, you really aren't looking to sell...

Looks very clean...if all belts and hoses have been done recently with records and it checks out well on autocheck..I'd be scheduling a PPI and making a deal.....

Why would u say it's not immaculate tho. I can't really tell according to my knowledge.

Finally see the car in person. He simply didn't want to invest time and money to unwrap it. He's down if I do it. ;)

Finally see the car in person. He simply didn't want to invest time and money to unwrap it. He's down if I do it. ;)

If I was buying the car, I'd want to see pictures of the car before it was wrapped. Proof of recent pictures prior to wrapping the car is key. Otherwise, what's the point of spending all that money on the car(including labor for unwrapping) when you find out that the paint has been oxidized and scratched. That's worse case scenario. I would negotiate with him on paying for the labor to unwrap it. If the paint turns out clean as he claims, you can pay him the labor fee if all checks out(if you were planning to unwrap it anyways to keep the car stock GPW). What does he have to lose if he's telling the truth? You actually have the upper hand in negotiating with him because if his ad is already suspicious, then a lot of potential buyers willing to pay that kind of money will see that as a red flag. Then again, you have the few that doesn't care and has money to blow.

You r smart. He've been reading this post anyway. I'll talk to him bout this. Thanks ;)

If I was buying the car, I'd want to see pictures of the car before it was wrapped. Proof of recent pictures prior to wrapping the car is key. Otherwise, what's the point of spending all that money on the car(including labor for unwrapping) when you find out that the paint has been oxidized and scratched. That's worse case scenario. I would negotiate with him on paying for the labor to unwrap it. If the paint turns out clean as he claims, you can pay him the labor fee if all checks out(if you were planning to unwrap it anyways to keep the car stock GPW). What does he have to lose if he's telling the truth? You actually have the upper hand in negotiating with him because if his ad is already suspicious, then a lot of potential buyers willing to pay that kind of money will see that as a red flag. Then again, you have the few that doesn't care and has money to blow.

I've been following your search with interest.
I think you've shared with the forum that you're 19, this would be your first car, and you don't have a secure garage to keep it in.
I can understand the attraction of the various mods on this and some of the other NSX's you're considering.
It might also be worth looking at the maintenance aspect of the NSX you may choose.
For example if it's a requiremnt where you live, will this car pass the smog test without catalytic converters?
As you don't have a garage to do any work required on the NSX now and in near future then any work needed will have to be done at a dealership or NSX oriented shop.
If the NSX you choose is lacking in any maintenance work it can very quickly add up to thousands of dollars.

Learning to master the driving of a mid-engined car takes some amount of seat time.
It would be best if while learning about your NSX you are not faced with a lot of unexpected maintenance costs.
Nothing sours the joy of a new car faster than having to continually take it to a shop for expensive repairs.

I would suggest that if you can, choose an NSX with the best maintenance paper trail over color, appearance/performance mods.
Personally I echo the opinions of other posters about buying a wrapped car.
You just don't know what's under the wrap and if it needs a paint job you could be looking at a $5-8K expense before you could sell it on at a later date.

You just don't know what's under the wrap and if it needs a paint job you could be looking at a $5-8K expense before you could sell it on at a later date.

I agree with Jim.

Xiang, go with the black with the black.

Agreed :) They are all well maintained according to MR. Robert. I need to stop looking for then and start to learn how to own and drive one.

I've been following your search with interest.
I think you've shared with the forum that you're 19, this would be your first car, and you don't have a secure garage to keep it in.
I can understand the attraction of the various mods on this and some of the other NSX's you're considering.
It might also be worth looking at the maintenance aspect of the NSX you may choose.
For example if it's a requiremnt where you live, will this car pass the smog test without catalytic converters?
As you don't have a garage to do any work required on the NSX now and in near future then any work needed will have to be done at a dealership or NSX oriented shop.
If the NSX you choose is lacking in any maintenance work it can very quickly add up to thousands of dollars.

Learning to master the driving of a mid-engined car takes some amount of seat time.
It would be best if while learning about your NSX you are not faced with a lot of unexpected maintenance costs.
Nothing sours the joy of a new car faster than having to continually take it to a shop for expensive repairs.

I would suggest that if you can, choose an NSX with the best maintenance paper trail over color, appearance/performance mods.

Then be sure and post lots of pics of your new NSX when you get it so we can celebrate with you

There is a clean looking 96 in Oceanside right now if you don't mind red...100k miles asking $32,000. Saw it on Craigslist

Back