• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone own/owned a Gen II Viper?

Hello everyone, so I test drove a 2000 supercharged NSX today and...WOW, what a blast. As everyone has already mentioned, completely different then my viper. Sure, the NSX may not have been as powerful, but man, what a well built car. I really enjoyed the overall driving experience! I felt very planted to the road and it just felt like a different driving experience overall. Even though I know I will miss my viper, I think I am ready to move onto an NSX. I appreciate everyone's feedback and insights. I definitely prefer getting a supercharged one, but if I find a good deal on a stock one I will supercharge it myself.

What should one expect to pay around for a clean 2000 NSX supercharged with around 40k miles? I know a lot of factors play here, but just want to get some ideas on what you all think. I am searching here, ebay, autotrader, and craigslist daily to get a feel for the market. Thanks!

Glad you enjoyed it though few enthusiasts wouldn't. Depends on a lot of factors such as color, maintenance, supercharger type/setup, etc. but it's going to be in the $50-55k range for a clean one with good parts. I would have said $45-50k a year or two ago.

We have a 96 Coupe and it never gets driven. 5k miles and bought new. It literally just sits there and gets driven around the block once a month. Seems everyone just prefers to drive the other cars more...

Billy - if you want it. We decided to sell it this year! BTW.. Congrats on the KICKASS Times at BW this wknd!!

523595_10150987489846588_1076256989_n.jpg

Last edited:
What should one expect to pay around for a clean 2000 NSX supercharged with around 40k miles? I know a lot of factors play here, but just want to get some ideas on what you all think. I am searching here, ebay, autotrader, and craigslist daily to get a feel for the market. Thanks!

The color makes the most difference in price assuming similar condition. The blue car you drove is the rarest NSX color, even more so than your RT-10. You can save 5-10k buying one in a higher volume color.

We have a 95 Coupe and it never gets driven. 5k miles and bought new. It literally just sits there and gets driven around the block once a month. Seems everyone just prefers to drive the other cars more.

96 GTS, First year for the coupe. I stopped driving mine as well when I picked up my first NSX. Still an Icon and future classic.

The color makes the most difference in price assuming similar condition. The blue car you drove is the rarest NSX color, even more so than your RT-10. You can save 5-10k buying one in a higher volume color.

96 GTS, First year for the coupe. I stopped driving mine as well when I picked up my first NSX. Still an Icon and future classic.

yep, the viper coupe has to be a 96+.

aaron, thanks for the feedback. That blue did look amazing. Has a hint of purple at different times of the day.

Grey RX-8 Track Trainer

What did you get the RX8?

Grey RX-8 Track Trainer

What did you get the RX8?

I picked it up last year to try my hand at some track days. It is an amazing car for the $$ and is only let down by the motor. It was an odd feeling having the slowest car at the track and getting pulled by a VW Golf. With that said, it teaches momentum and saves wear and tear on the other toys.

I totally agree. It has a great DSC that bails novices out. My brother has one with modified suspension and 275 wide tires front and back and that makes it VERY hard to out handle with the NSX.

This is another reason why I miss the RX7 FD. Low weight, more power/torque and 50/50 weight.

Wow - Some really hostile and dumb responses in this thread. To the OP, welcome to prime and good luck with your search. You will quickly figure out that the NSX is an amazing vehicle with an ideal balance of power, handling, looks, ride quality with an extra side of bullet proof reliability.

Wow - Some really hostile and dumb responses in this thread. To the OP, welcome to prime and good luck with your search. You will quickly figure out that the NSX is an amazing vehicle with an ideal balance of power, handling, looks, ride quality with an extra side of bullet proof reliability.
+1, I thought the same in regards to some of the earl responses, but was glad to return and see that other members made up for it.

Back