• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone recommend a company/person in the bay area for minor dent, ding removal?

Guys

Was wondering if anyone can recommend a company/person for minor dent, ding removal? I am looking for someone that pays attention to detail and is reasonably priced in the local bay area.

Please post here or PM me

Appreciate it!

I don't know what the pricing is like but when my body shop had PDR done on my front fender they gave me the card of the place they contracted to do the work. I'll look for it this evening and if I find it I'll hit you up.

J

The guys at California Detailing on Fell Street said they use a guy that does all of the high end cars for dealers and they use him as well. They said he is the best guy around. Don't know if he is or not, but you could call them and ask what the guy's name is.

Don't know his pricing, but it probably won't be cheap. They charge $400 for a detail.

Hope this helps.

Doug

I don't know what the pricing is like but when my body shop had PDR done on my front fender they gave me the card of the place they contracted to do the work. I'll look for it this evening and if I find it I'll hit you up.

J

Thanks James

The guys at California Detailing on Fell Street said they use a guy that does all of the high end cars for dealers and they use him as well. They said he is the best guy around. Don't know if he is or not, but you could call them and ask what the guy's name is.

Don't know his pricing, but it probably won't be cheap. They charge $400 for a detail.

Hope this helps.

Doug

Thanks for the info, just for clarification, do you know if they do dent removal? The detaling is usually separate. If not, I'll just call them

Appreciate it.

Thanks for the info, just for clarification, do you know if they do dent removal? The detaling is usually separate. If not, I'll just call them

Appreciate it.

No. California Detailing just does detailing. When a client getting a detail also wants a dint removed they call that guy in.

No. California Detailing just does detailing. When a client getting a detail also wants a dint removed they call that guy in.

Got it. I might try to call them and see if they will provide his info separately, but my guess is they would rather me go through the shop.

Thanks

Got it. I might try to call them and see if they will provide his info separately, but my guess is they would rather me go through the shop.

Thanks

Let me know. I'll go over and get my car detailed and ask them myself.:biggrin: Tell them the guy that has the red NSX is going to bring his car over for a detail and that I recommended you call them. They are really nice guys. I was over there about a month ago to let them look at my car. I think the owner's name is Jim.

Sorry, just looked at the business card. It's "California Detailing" the owner's name is Jim and the phone number is 415-626-3691. Tell him we're talking about him on NSX Prime.:biggrin:

Hi Eric,

On some frequency we receive an e-mail from the Redwood Shores Facilities Office Manager indicating that MyDetailer.com will be on-site in the front parking area of 555 Twin Dolphin Drive.

There contact info is:

e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 408/666-8169

They do Paintless Dent Removal aka PDR (per the tech writer Mr. J) by quote.

I don't know if they still come around as I haven't seen an e-mail for some time now. But, give them a call and see if they still do on-site detailing at the address above.

When I was working for another company in San Mateo, they use to do on-site detailing at our office complex as well. They did PDR on my white legend and you could not tell there was a ding. Unfortunately, I don't remember what it cost (as usual). I would expect aluminum may cost more.

If that doesn't work, I'll let you borrow some of my Reynolds Wrap :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mike

Mr Vice President Michael Cruz,

Thanks for this info, I will give them a call as well.

As for the Reynolds Wrap, I believe James should be most concerned as I hear thieves are now not only stealing CATs but if they see aluminum under the car, its just more money at the recycle places for them. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hi Eric,

On some frequency we receive an e-mail from the Redwood Shores Facilities Office Manager indicating that MyDetailer.com will be on-site in the front parking area of 555 Twin Dolphin Drive.

There contact info is:

e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 408/666-8169

They do Paintless Dent Removal aka PDR (per the tech writer Mr. J) by quote.
I don't know if they still come around as I haven't seen an e-mail for some time now. But, give them a call and see if they still do on-site detailing at the address above.

When I was working for another company in San Mateo, they use to do on-site detailing at our office complex as well. They did PDR on my white legend and you could not tell there was a ding. Unfortunately, I don't remember what it cost (as usual). I would expect aluminum may cost more.

If that doesn't work, I'll let you borrow some of my Reynolds Wrap :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mike

Mike

You've abandoned the idea of us making a custom battery undertray already? Imagine how much lighter yours would have been, too!

J

You've abandoned the idea of us making a custom battery undertray already? Imagine how much lighter yours would have been, too!

J

No, I haven't abandoned the custom battery undertray project. I was just trying to help a fellow NSX brother out. Besides, I have a connection where I can purchase the aluminum in two different sizes. "Costco" :biggrin: Be sure to keep this a secret as we don't want anyone to steal our idea :rolleyes:

Mike

I thought I would post a few more responses I received from the mailing list

Carlos recommended:

Brad at Dent Performance
408-227-8031
408-210-6922

Chip recommended:

Sal Contreras
Dent Experts (his company)
650/349-3368

Maybe its just me but after calling around, I realized a trend here on pricing.

Two things shot the price up

1) Our cars are made of aluminum and my guess is its a more difficult material to work with so there is a higher labor charge?

2) I said the word "NSX"

If I had to choose one of those, I would say its due to the aluminum.

Comments? Suggestions? Other recommendations?

The s2000 community has these regular "Dent Days" where we gather together for a dent guy to show up and remove dents.

I've called quite a few places and basically the price is dependent on the volume. The more cars the cheaper but if a guy has to drive all the way over to your place just to do your car, it will easily be $100+ per dent.

I don't see the difficulty in aluminum vs. steel but I'm certainly no dent expert. I would imagine the procedure is the same. I can ask my guy since I've been thinking about setting one up for the south bay.

rick

Rick

Thats GREAT! Thanks for this. I would like to find out more info about this person. Also is there a way I can call and speak to him about it? Curious to see if this person has ever worked on NSXs before.

Thanks!

The s2000 community has these regular "Dent Days" where we gather together for a dent guy to show up and remove dents.

I've called quite a few places and basically the price is dependent on the volume. The more cars the cheaper but if a guy has to drive all the way over to your place just to do your car, it will easily be $100+ per dent.

I don't see the difficulty in aluminum vs. steel but I'm certainly no dent expert. I would imagine the procedure is the same. I can ask my guy since I've been thinking about setting one up for the south bay.

rick

Yo E, if you are still looking for a dent guy call a guy I used for years. Even though I no longer live in the Bay, I will still drive down to have any dents/dings done by Robert Valenzuela.

I haven't used his services in about a year and a half, but here is contact info. Also - he prices very fairly. Yes, aluminum is different - it takes more care to work - doesn't "flex" back like steel if you over-fix the dent, so you have to get it exactly right. Robert took out a couple dings on my NSX, S2000 and Integra. You would never know they were ever there.

Robert Valenzuela
Owner
AUTOImpression
925-580-9857
[email protected]

(he was one of the original founders of West Coast Dents in Pleasanton).

Thanks Nalesh

I'll give him a call and see what he says. I might consider getting together a "dent day" So well see what i can work out.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Yo E, if you are still looking for a dent guy call a guy I used for years. Even though I no longer live in the Bay, I will still drive down to have any dents/dings done by Robert Valenzuela.

I haven't used his services in about a year and a half, but here is contact info. Also - he prices very fairly. Yes, aluminum is different - it takes more care to work - doesn't "flex" back like steel if you over-fix the dent, so you have to get it exactly right. Robert took out a couple dings on my NSX, S2000 and Integra. You would never know they were ever there.

Robert Valenzuela
Owner
AUTOImpression
925-580-9857
[email protected]

(he was one of the original founders of West Coast Dents in Pleasanton).

Has anyone recently used a PDR service in the Bay Area? Is Robert Valenzuela still a good contact?

Or does anyone know of any "dent removal days" coming up soon?

Last edited:
Has anyone recently used a PDR service in the Bay Area? Is Robert Valenzuela still a good contact?

Or does anyone know of any "dent removal days" coming up soon?

robert does great work. You can't even tell there was ever a dent there. Trust me as I am super picky eheheheh

Btw I might be calling him for another minor dent removal soon. Maybe we can do both in the same day and save him several trips. Also his pricing is good as well. Since nalesh recommended him I have not found anyone better.

Edub

robert does great work. You can't even tell there was ever a dent there. Trust me as I am super picky eheheheh

Btw I might be calling him for another minor dent removal soon. Maybe we can do both in the same day and save him several trips. Also his pricing is good as well. Since nalesh recommended him I have not found anyone better.

Edub

Excellent! Thanks for the confirmation.

Edub

Can you guys let me know when you meet him as I would like to remove one as well.

WOW...ok....when Robert returns my call I will ask if he can set up a day for all of us.....and hopefully with a discount. :smile:

well I left a message with Robert on Friday and then again today with still no call back. I will give him 1 more day and then move on to someone else.

Back