• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone running Pride Hi-flow cats

Inspection and smog are two entirely different things. You can pass inspection with O2 Non-Fowlers and no cats if you get someone to look past the fact they are not there. I have seen people tack weld the heat shields around test pipes for this reason as well.

I think each state is different for smog so if they are actually doing a sniff test you’re going to need someone in your state specifically with the same setup.

If you run your car hard get it good and hot don’t shut it off pull it in and run ready it’s more likely to pass as the hotter the cats are the better they test. If it’s borderline this can work also.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.. .. Honcho we both live in Douglas county.. so we both have the emission test. Good to hear you passed.
I'm due in Feb so I have some time. I passed last year no problem with original cats over 30 years old!!

Thanks everyone.. .. Honcho we both live in Douglas county.. so we both have the emission test. Good to hear you passed.
I'm due in Feb so I have some time. I passed last year no problem with original cats over 30 years old!!
Just make sure to get them nice and hot first. I usually run I-25 down to Monument and back, and then head over to the sniffer place on Colorado Blvd. in HR.

Back