• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone running the new SOS TVS Supercharger?

I have read in the past that the targa top will fit in the trunk. I've tried this once or twice but failed to find it to be true.

As for those in the SC market, what targa cover storage systems are available? I don't think SOS is offering one as yet, but I could be wrong.

I'm able to put the top into the trunk just fine. I keep a small blanket in the truck to cover just in case but it sits snuggly in the truck.

I'm able to put the top into the trunk just fine. I keep a small blanket in the truck to cover just in case but it sits snuggly in the truck.

I'm sure there has been a post with a pic of the top in the trunk, but if you have one to add (or a link) please post up. I'm not even sure I'm trying to put my top in the trunk in the correct orientation. :tongue:

and tire planters...:wink:

I have about ~5k on the supercharger now (4500 highway miles was due to a round trip from MN to Cali and back) and overall, no issues with the supercharger itself.

My setup:
- SOS TVS Stage 2 SC
- Stock 2005 C32A/Trans with ~42k
- SOS 350 clutch
- Stock intake/headers/cats
- Pride v2 exhaust

It made 383whp and 265 lb torque on a conservative tune on a Dynapack.

With that said, my impressions below:
- Install went fine and is straightforward. The step by step directions from SOS makes it very easy to install and they're only a phone call/email away to answer questions. It took me about a day to get most of it installed and that's with me taking my time.
- The SC does pull well and is reasonable within this power range but I'll like to compare it to another SC NSX to see how it compares.
- It whines like the other SC such as the CT so it's defeaning by any means.

Next steps for 2022:
- I'm already looking for more power so aftermarket headers and cats are next.
- I'll also add the optional SOS intercooler and 75mm TB as well.
- I plan on going e85 as well
- Goal is to get close to ~450whp range

Cheers to Chris and Wade at SOS for being so available to help throughout the process. I'd be happy to answer any questions so reach out if anyone has questions on the SC or the install.

Last edited:
aftermarket headers may not provide a realistic cost benefit in any Na2 vs the oem ..just a thought.

I'm not an expert but with turbo applications you might get more power in certain parts of the powerband..with the super charger less important. Any good quality HFC can work as long as you are getting them from the usual suspects. You may have issues getting to pass emissions in Cali though..

I'm not an expert but with turbo applications you might get more power in certain parts of the powerband..with the super charger less important. Any good quality HFC can work as long as you are getting them from the usual suspects. You may have issues getting to pass emissions in Cali though..

Im in MN so no emissions here.

One of the main reasons why I didn't go aftermarket but my tuner seems to think otherwise. If I just look at the HFC or test pipe option, what would work with the NA2 headers?

I talked to Shad at Driving Ambition about headers for a NA2. If normal aspirated, it's not really worth it. but with the supercharger, he definitely recommends headers for the extra flow.

Any long term updates?

If you are able to make 450~500rwhp and 350rwtq it will put the dumbest grin on your face from ear to ear.

After a decade the power never gets old. Modern day power to weight ratio of a current super car but with the analog raw feeling of a 90's Japanese car.

Any long term updates?

If you are able to make 450~500rwhp and 350rwtq it will put the dumbest grin on your face from ear to ear.

After a decade the power never gets old. Modern day power to weight ratio of a current super car but with the analog raw feeling of a 90's Japanese car.

Just added a set of Pride headers, resonated test pipes, and GruppeM intake. Waiting on a dyno still for a retune but my butt dyno tells me I’ve increased in power. I do plan on getting the IC and larger TB next and possible e85 though I am planning on sticking to a stock C32.

Also, I have ~ 5k (round trip from MN to Cali) on the supercharger with no issues.

Just added a set of Pride headers, resonated test pipes, and GruppeM intake. Waiting on a dyno still for a retune but my butt dyno tells me I’ve increased in power. I do plan on getting the IC and larger TB next and possible e85 though I am planning on sticking to a stock C32.

Also, I have ~ 5k (round trip from MN to Cali) on the supercharger with no issues.

Get the IC, larger TB and flex fuel and then retune and u will really start to have the silly smile.

I kept my stock air filter box and replaced the filter with a K&N.

I don't think there is that much of a power difference with my setup and that of any aftermarket setup since this is a fixed boost SC arrangement.

Get the IC, larger TB and flex fuel and then retune and u will really start to have the silly smile.

I kept my stock air filter box and replaced the filter with a K&N.

I don't think there is that much of a power difference with my setup and that of any aftermarket setup since this is a fixed boost SC arrangement.

That would be the end goal but I’m concerned with the power since e85 with that setup should net close to 500whp. Would that be “safe” with keeping the motor stock? Also, I’ve read that the rubber in the gas tank isn’t the best for e85. Is that true?

That would be the end goal but I’m concerned with the power since e85 with that setup should net close to 500whp. Would that be “safe” with keeping the motor stock? Also, I’ve read that the rubber in the gas tank isn’t the best for e85. Is that true?

Dunno about the rubber in the gas tank with E85, but I have had it in my car for just under 5 years.

I have left e85 sit in the tank for 6 months with some stabilizers mixed with it that I got from Wal Mart. No apparent issues.

I am running 13psi on a reduced compression ratio of 9.2:1 and making around 500rwhp with e85.

If ur running 10psi its pretty safe on a stock engine. The piston ring collapsed over 15psi on 91, but that wasn't a surprise. It was an excuse for me to do the engine build.

BTW, I am Billy Bob headers for the NSX since it has a massive 2.5" wide collector. That made a noticeable difference over the 02+ and probably over other 2" collectors.

Plus the exhaust tone is deeper and more exotic sounding coupled with a STMPO Y pipe and Magnaflow mufflers.

No rice sound effects at all like most of the exhaust set up I have heard on the NSX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j41gVSS75TY

This part I probably spent over $5k with back and forth "R&D" since I am really picky on my exhaust notes. I got a lot of compliments/questions from the local NSXPO few years ago.

Last edited:
Dunno about the rubber in the gas tank with E85, but I have had it in my car for just under 5 years.

I have left e85 sit in the tank for 6 months with some stabilizers mixed with it that I got from Wal Mart. No apparent issues.

Nice. Did you go with the SOS Flex Fuel System when you went e85? Also, what is all needed to go e85 in addition to what I have already which are a walbro 255, ID 1050 injectors, and aftermarket fuel rails?

As for the exhaust, the Pride headers, resonated tp, and exhaust is a huge difference over my 02+ headers/cats.

that vid reminded me of my GTLW and bypass pipe days....loved it for about 2 years...

Nice. Did you go with the SOS Flex Fuel System when you went e85? Also, what is all needed to go e85 in addition to what I have already which are a walbro 255, ID 1050 injectors, and aftermarket fuel rails?

As for the exhaust, the Pride headers, resonated tp, and exhaust is a huge difference over my 02+ headers/cats.

I did go with whatever SOS flex fuel system and full ECU it had at the time a decade ago. Forgot which one, but I think it was the 2nd generation version. I think the fuel fails are stock. Injectors are something like 1300CC ID ones since I plan on going 15psi and it was the upgraded fuel pump from SOS.

that vid reminded me of my GTLW and bypass pipe days....loved it for about 2 years...

Kinda hard to tell, but with the Magnaflow mufflers with the rock wool there was very little drone. Just enough to give a C8 Z06 exhaust experience where there is that exotic sound in cabin.

But if I had to imagine what a flat plane crank V6 might sound like from Italy..... this would probably be it.

Back