• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone still have one of these?

This paper mache print was a gift when I bought my 91.
Does anyone else still have one of these?

DSC02440.jpg
DSC02434.jpg

Last edited:
That is really cool!

Wow! An original owner, (how many miles now 23 years later?) and some original art. I have a collection of models and literature to match my 96, and am still looking for some of the early things like the pen set etc. The joy is in the hunt as with anything, and it's like finding a diamond under a big rock at times. Never knew that this existed.
Best,
Don

That is VERY cool! Never knew these existed.

Thanks for sharing!

Never knew such thing existed? So they gave everyone one who bought a new NSX back in 91? Ken did you get one?

That is very cool, first I have heard of such a thing.

Especially #100 of 500 makes it nice too! Collectors love even numbers...

I wonder how many original owners forgot they have one stashed away somewhere.

Wonder if this was this given to Canadian owners only? Do any US owners have one?

Wonder if this was this given to Canadian owners only? Do any US owners have one?

Ben you might be right on that but 500 copies were made
There was only 698 or so NSX's sold in Canada over 15 years so they would be very common here if they were only for Canadians.
I'm finding out that so far they are quite rare so not sure who got them.

Ben you might be right on that but 500 copies were made
There was only 698 or so NSX's sold in Canada over 15 years so they would be very common here if they were only for Canadians.
I'm finding out that so far they are quite rare so not sure who got them.

It's possible that the first 500 Original Owners got them. Problem is that tracking down these original owners will be difficult, if not impossible. Many, if not most of the 1991-1992 cars have passed through 3, 4, or more owners. Most of the original owners probably did not pass these on to the next owners, and probably none stayed with the car through all the subsequent owners. Many of the original owners may have even thrown them out after they sold the car.

Interesting though that yours is #100, but your car is #435, which was one of the last 1991 cars for Canada. It's possible that you bought your car right as it hit the showroom, while other, earlier build cars sat for months on the showroom floor though.

I've currently got two. The limited edition one which you show is hanging in the Garage over the car, and I also have a larger version that was presented in 1996 for the 5th anniversary. The 5th anniversary doesn't appear to have a limited run number on it anywhere.

IMG_20140303_111040.jpg

I've currently got two. The limited edition one which you show is hanging in the Garage over the car, and I also have a larger version that was presented in 1996 for the 5th anniversary. The 5th anniversary doesn't appear to have a limited run number on it anywhere.

Sean
Do you think Jerry Chenkin would remember if these were across North America or Canada only?
Jim

I'm not entirely sure. I did visit a dealership this weekend, who not only had a copy of the larger, 5th anniversary copy, but also a sand cast piece of the McLaren MP4/5. That was truly spectacular.

Did Acura of Canada also offer the hardback black fabric-cover with aluminum "NSX" emblem inset book to original owners (different from the glossycover black/silver dealer book)? It came with an Acura letterhead parchment-paper letter with the applicable VIN and signed by the VP of North America(?) and for first-year acquisitions ('91 vs. '92-'93) it may have come with the Bose stereo cassette/cd tuning and service package.

Some original owners also got the Acura embossed wooden-box with NSX postcard-sized marketing picture cards, from dealers.

Last edited:
Did Acura of Canada also offer the hardback black fabric-cover with aluminum "NSX" emblem inset book to original owners (different from the glossycover black/silver dealer book)? It came with an Acura letterhead parchment-paper letter with the applicable VIN and signed by the VP of North America(?) and for first-year acquisitions ('91 vs. '92-'93) it may have come with the Bose stereo cassette/cd tuning and service package. Some original owners also got the Acura embossed wooden-box with NSX postcard-sized marketing picture cards, from dealers.

I received this book
DSC02444.jpg

And this poster which I had framed
DSC02448.jpg

I received this book... And this poster which I had framed...
Ok, cool! Both are dealer provided goodies.

I've been a hoarder of the "black" NSX original owner's book, always been curious if it was an U.S only dealio or also there was something offered in other markets (Canada, U.K., Japan, etc).

Nope. First I've heard of it. Must be a Canada-only item. Very nice!

Honda Canada must have had big plans as they made up 500 prints.
Apparently Sean Firth and I were the only recipients.
Does this mean they are 498 more prints in a cupboard somewhere in Markham ON?
I will email Honda Canada to see what I can find out.

Surprised no one else knows of this, nor has it ever popped up on eBay or Prime For Sale.

Yes, the NSXCC have some of these posters that were-reproduced, for our members.

PM me

The rearest of all items that was given out in Canada, was a NSX Titanium connecting rod presented in a beautiful mohogany box (These Titanium rod polish up really nice). This was given to the first 10 Canada owners and to some journalist that attended the launch. I have been searching for one for years.

Bram

NSX print

I have one of these. It is called a cast paper sculpture. I purchased it a few years ago. I am the proud owner of the number 1 print. On the back it was given to R. MULLER. VIN number JH4NA1154MT800323. Any more info I would love to know as well.

Back