• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone try the OUTLAST or Bamboo bed sheets?

I've heard about them for years and that they use them for space shuttles and space stations.

"Products incorporating Outlast® technology continuously interact with the microclimate surrounding your body to moderate temperature to keep the user not too hot, not too cold®, just right.

The human body naturally sweats to cool the skin, reducing the ability for bedding to keep the body dry and comfortable. Outlast® technology, conversely, will keep individuals comfortable by absorbing body heat when too much is created, thereby diminishing the amount of moisture. See examples of the Features and benefits of Outlast® technology:

Features:
  • Balances Temperature under the covers to increase comfort
  • Reduces overheating & night sweats, for a more restful night's sleep
  • Reduces Thermal Incompatibility, no more pulling covers between sleep partners
  • Absorbs heat when it gets too warm, keeping you cool
  • Releases heat back to you when you cool down
  • Not too hot... Not too cold® - just right
"

Well, I happen to stumble across http://www.shopnbc.com/product/?fam...iGB&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=G13427-00004-00065 which is cheaper than http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

I have some shirts and pants made from bamboo and prefer them over cotton in terms of maintaining a mild temperature - similar to silk.

http://www.shopnbc.com/product/?familyid=G13359&track=-10451&cm_re=Z7-_-RV1-_-G13427

I tried bamboo towels from Lands End. The tag says they are 60% cotton and 40% Rayon, from bamboo. They are very soft but some how they just don't work great as towels. I bought them for outside after getting out of the jacuzzi and they tend to feel cold and damp, even when they are dry. No more for me.

You got me interested. I also would like to here feedback from someones experience using outlast or bamboo sheets.

I tried bamboo towels from Lands End. The tag says they are 60% cotton and 40% Rayon, from bamboo. They are very soft but some how they just don't work great as towels. I bought them for outside after getting out of the jacuzzi and they tend to feel cold and damp, even when they are dry. No more for me.

Maybe you have to be a Panda Bear to appreciate them :wink:

I pretty much always buy 100% cotton everything. What would be the advantage of these ? Do they last longer ?

See bullet points under "Features". :wink:

Your avatar is making me jealous, Dennis. Is that Topock Gorge?

Ooops Sorry Patricia! :smile:

Actually that is a little known cove at the south end of Lake Havasu.

My friend was just telling me about these sheets and how they work great. I just ordered two sets from the NBC link.

Ooops Sorry Patricia! :smile:

Actually that is a little known cove at the south end of Lake Havasu.

I know that cove. Been there many times. On the Cali side, not very far from Parker Dam. Has a road that goes around it, right?

:redface: Sorry for the off topic, BATMANs.

I pretty much always buy 100% cotton everything. What would be the advantage of these ? Do they last longer ?

100% cotton is so yesterday.

The newer materials suppose to regulate temperature and increase the sleeping experience (which most of us spend about 1/3 of our lives doing) so I can be more productive on posting more antagonistic threads.......

My wife ordered a couple sets of the Outlast sheets last month. So far we have liked them. They seem to be soft, kind of a different feel than regular cotton sheets. I do think they have helped ease the transition into getting used to sleeping in warmer temps in the summer months.

Here's my very short review of these sheets. I ordered the matress pad, sheets, and pillow cases last week and slept on them for the first time last night. I definitely noticed a difference in the amount of heat that was retained by the sheets and matress pad. I also wasn't flipping my pillows around like I usually do a few hundred times a night to find the cold spot. So, now that we know it keeps a person generates body heat while sleeping cooler, my wife had a different experience. At 4am she sits up and starts cursing the new sheets. She's usually cold at night and apparently these sheets caused her to stay warm. So warm, that she had to push aside the blanket and her dog, both of which she uses to keep warm at night. I couldn't stop myself from laughing and that pissed her off even more. Oh yeah, even my dog was warm sleeping under the sheet and had to get out of bed in the middle of the night. I however, had a great night of sleep feeling substantially cooler.

Here is my one night review of the Outlast sheets. They work. I'll give another review after a more lengthy test. ;)

Here's my very short review of these sheets. I ordered the matress pad, sheets, and pillow cases last week and slept on them for the first time last night. I definitely noticed a difference in the amount of heat that was retained by the sheets and matress pad. I also wasn't flipping my pillows around like I usually do a few hundred times a night to find the cold spot. So, now that we know it keeps a person generates body heat while sleeping cooler, my wife had a different experience. At 4am she sits up and starts cursing the new sheets. She's usually cold at night and apparently these sheets caused her to stay warm. So warm, that she had to push aside the blanket and her dog, both of which she uses to keep warm at night. I couldn't stop myself from laughing and that pissed her off even more. Oh yeah, even my dog was warm sleeping under the sheet and had to get out of bed in the middle of the night. I however, had a great night of sleep feeling substantially cooler.

Here is my one night review of the Outlast sheets. They work. I'll give another review after a more lengthy test. ;)

Dog sleeping with u guys?

I would post something visual, but the mods would gobble it up fast.........

Dog sleeping with u guys?

I would post something visual, but the mods would gobble it up fast.........

Not one dog, but two dogs in the bed with us. Get's a little wierd with those extra tongue's. :eek:

Not one dog, but two dogs in the bed with us. Get's a little wierd with those extra tongue's. :eek:

When I was younger I used to my sister's dog for the "janitorial service" after I concluded my festivities with my GF at the time. It was the green thing to do since we didn't have to implement tissue paper resources and water for the job........

Back