• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone with 17x8 on 245/35/17 in the front?

Seems like an interesting size with the same overall diameter as OEM but much better grip... Does it rub? Did my searches and found one person who mentioned it but no offset details and more importantly... NO PICTURES! :wink:

So for those who've tried, please post your experiences and pictures! Seems like a good match for 285/30/18 or 295/30/18 in the back, though I'm aware it's an oddball size that only comes on tires like the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 and Toyo T1-R...

I'm certain that'd rub like CRAZY, especially on lowered suspension. Even I've had rub on my car with 215/35/18 & 225/35/18. My buddy has stock suspension but some how doesn't rub with 235/30/18 but I think that's just plain luck or he just doesn't realize it since it never ever gets driven.

It's definitely an odd ball size.

Last edited:
235/40-17 on 17x8 is a perfect fit -size wise and performance wise

235/275 - my favorite 235/285-295 works too.

That seems incredibly tall though. It's 2.6% bigger than the stock 17" (215/40/17) on 02+, 3.3% bigger than the 16" on 95-01 and a whole 5.8% taller than the 15" on original NSXs.

People already complain about NSX's lack of power... Not sure I'd want to make the gearing any taller with the tires unnecessarily!

I'm certain that'd rub like CRAZY, especially on lowered suspension. Even I've had rub on my car with 215/35/18 & 225/35/18. My buddy has stock suspension but some how doesn't rub with 235/30/18 but I think that's just plain luck or he just doesn't realize it since it never ever gets driven.

It's definitely an odd ball size.

Well, 215/35/18 (23.9in di) and 225/35/18 (24.2 in di) are both taller than 245/35/17 (23.8in di)... An apples-to-apples comparison would be 245/30/18...
Personally I'm running 225/35/18 currently and it's fine - it depends on your tires and offset. The sidewall is too thin though so I want to go back to 17".

That seems incredibly tall though. It's 2.6% bigger than the stock 17" (215/40/17) on 02+, 3.3% bigger than the 16" on 95-01 and a whole 5.8% taller than the 15" on original NSXs.

People already complain about NSX's lack of power... Not sure I'd want to make the gearing any taller with the tires unnecessarily!

About power and gearing, if we're talking front tires, obviously gearing WONT change since the car is RWD. :)

Seems like an interesting size with the same overall diameter as OEM but much better grip... Does it rub? Did my searches and found one person who mentioned it but no offset details and more importantly... NO PICTURES! :wink:

So for those who've tried, please post your experiences and pictures! Seems like a good match for 285/30/18 or 295/30/18 in the back, though I'm aware it's an oddball size that only comes on tires like the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 and Toyo T1-R...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=936342&postcount=3

Its probably me. I did not rub but I did have to get aggressive with my settings.

I did a 17x8 ET38 with a 245/35/17 and 18x9.5 ET45 with a 295/30/18. Tires used were Falken 452s. I think I would try something else, but selection is rare in this size.

The suspension I have is fixed, not adjustable. Only thing I had to do was make sure the Liner was tight up against the wheel well with new clips. Other then that, the steering felt heavy and waited and real nice. However with my NSX-R chassis bar up front, it felt like the fronts had too much grip, and the rears broke away quicker... If I could only find a 315/30/18 with the 245/35/17s I would be a 17/18 person for life.

Remember, the biggest factor affecting performance is the quality of the tire model, not the treadwidth. A stickier, narrower tire will almost always give better performance than a less sticky, wider tire. So if you want to get the best performance, concentrate on getting the best, stickiest tires you can get, rather than the widest tires.

Remember, the biggest factor affecting performance is the quality of the tire model, not the treadwidth. A stickier, narrower tire will almost always give better performance than a less sticky, wider tire. So if you want to get the best performance, concentrate on getting the best, stickiest tires you can get, rather than the widest tires.

I actually agree with what was just said. I found the Falkens average, although having that much tire width up front felt great. I'm going to try the F1 GS D3 combo in 285/30/18 rears to see how it feels when I try it next.

+1 I run a 215/40R17 in the front and it handles great.

I'm going to put on my 235's tomorrow... I'll see how bad it rubbs
When are you ever at full lock?

This is the only time I get rubbing/full lock:
MyCar.jpg

DriftJimCscarcut.jpg

BillyDriftJimC.jpg

Pierceman: Let me know when you're planning on going out to the track! -or just grab lunch...

Haha if I DD'd an NSX I would be full-locking all the time, especially with the limited range of motion... (The NSX steering radius is pretty large/bad)

When are you ever at full lock?

This is the only time I get rubbing/full lock:
MyCar.jpg

DriftJimCscarcut.jpg

BillyDriftJimC.jpg

Pierceman: Let me know when you're planning on going out to the track! -or just grab lunch...

Stunt, where are you out of? I would love to meet up soon just to hang out and shoot the shit...

on small bumps there is a rub on the front fenders outter, upper, center tab on my stock shock/eibach set up. I need stiffer shocks LOL. I will post some pics soon. It looks fantastic with my new +44 and +48 offset setup on 17x8 and 18x9.5 HOWEVER I had to take off my front BBK for the photo shoot. The oversized rotor kip pushed the caliper out about 2mm too far and it hit the inner part of the rim. I did not have time to alter the bracket/setup in time. but I will mess with it this week and see if i can find the room to stuff it in there:tongue:
MAtt

Stunt, where are you out of? I would love to meet up soon just to hang out and shoot the shit...

on small bumps there is a rub on the front fenders outter, upper, center tab on my stock shock/eibach set up. I need stiffer shocks LOL. I will post some pics soon. It looks fantastic with my new +44 and +48 offset setup on 17x8 and 18x9.5 HOWEVER I had to take off my front BBK for the photo shoot. The oversized rotor kip pushed the caliper out about 2mm too far and it hit the inner part of the rim. I did not have time to alter the bracket/setup in time. but I will mess with it this week and see if i can find the room to stuff it in there:tongue:
MAtt
South Orange County. Hit me up!

Back