• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ANYONE WITH KNOWLEDGE Electrical repair manuals need help

I have some electrical issues going on and have a 96. Trying to buy the 95-96 electrical repair manual and think I found a real rough looking one for 200 dollars. I can get one for the 97 for 49 dollars. Is there a load of difference between the two that I should spend all the extra for the really rough one or are most wiring going to be the same.
Thanks
Mike

1997 was a year of significant changes for the NSX with the release of the Na2 which is probably why there was a release on a new version of the ETS. That said, probably 95% of the wiring and the systems went unchanged from 1991 to 2001. However, Honda did weird little things like leaving the functional design of a system unchanged; but, moved the location of things like relays around within a relay box or sometimes completely relocating it to a different box. So, it depends on what you are working on. For most of the stuff, a 1992 or 1997-2002 ETS manual may do the trick. However, if you happen to be working on your EPS or EFI associated problems a 1992 manual will not work and there were also subsequent changes in 1997 because that was the year of the Na2.

So 95% of the time you may be just fine; however, is your problem in the 95% area or the 5% area? Give member [MENTION=30613]Heineken[/MENTION] a PM. He may be able to help you because I think he has done more work collecting information of the electrical systems in the car than I have.

I have a new 95 Electrical Troubleshooting Acura Manual, that i will be putting up for Sale.

PM me for details
IMG_0144.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 69
Electrical Troubleshooting 1994 - p/n 61SH000EL may help you.
This is not for your model year, but I would bet pretty darn close.
Same 3.0 engine, I'd almost bet same wiring (someone better than me may disagree).
I have a hard copy, new, but I want to keep it close.
I would be glad to assist. If there is anything I can do to assist please let me know.

I found a manual, I need a new eps module. Do you deed the same year module as your car. was their actual changes to the module year to year? I found a 2004 and a 2002 for sale. so if anyone know the answer to this will be a great help.

Have you talked to the NSX rack guys, they rebuild EPS modules.

I found a manual, I need a new eps module. Do you deed the same year module as your car. was their actual changes to the module year to year? I found a 2004 and a 2002 for sale. so if anyone know the answer to this will be a great help.

Does your 1996 still have the original separate EPS controller and power amplifier or the later combined unit? My knee jerk response without checking the parts numbers is that those will not work. Honda did a number of modifications to the EPS during the NSX production run. The first step would be to get the actual part number on your EPS module(s) or check the link below to find out what part number applies to your model year

Discounted Genuine Acura Parts | Acura OEM Parts

You can then search using the correct part number for your 1996. Some of the later units might be backward compatible; but, somebody else will have to advise on that. Depending on what error code your EPS module is displaying, repair might be fairly easy.

All the manuals have been scanned in...you don't need a hard copy.

What is the issue you are having?
Drew - I have the electronic manuals for both body repair and service manuals - but I have not located the electrical trouble shooting manual for my 2000-T... I am still chasing down the KES issues (I'm the guy with the issue after the battery replacement and non-operable door switch). I am happy to purchase a hard copy but if one is available in an electronic format that would be great.

Back