• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Are OEM NSX-R seat covers identical?

For bucket seats like the NSX-R aren't the left and right seats the same? So I'm wondering why there is a left and right part number for the outer seat cover. Any idea if there are any differences?

81123-SL0-J71ZB (Right)
81523-SL0-J71ZB (Left)

For bucket seats like the NSX-R aren't the left and right seats the same? So I'm wondering why there is a left and right part number for the outer seat cover. Any idea if there are any differences?

81123-SL0-J71ZB (Right)
81523-SL0-J71ZB (Left)

I wonder if it is because of where the seat belt buckle goes? Marc at Mita might be able to give us an answer. [MENTION=33290]SpeedyPartsJapan[/MENTION]

It appears to be that the hole on the inboard side of each seat at the hip is a different shape to the hole on the outboard side - as Honcho says - to accomodate the buckle rather than just the belt:

IMG_0609.jpgIMG_0608.jpg

This is my Type S - the seats are the same as the Type R but the covers are leather & alcantara as you can see. (the white is the seat belt label).
The images are of my passenger seat on this RHD car, so would be the driver seat in an LHD setting.
Hope this helps.

Back