• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Argh!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe this happened.

Well, remember yesterday when I asked if there was anything special I needed to know about changing the batery out......?????... well, today, one of my techs was doing this for me while at work. I was at his side watching and bullshitting........ Everything was going fine until he was trying to lift the battery out of the car. His rubber gloves kept slipping so he grabbed the battery tool and decided to remove it this way. He bent over, hooked the tool on there, started picking it up and as he was swinging it out of the car and off to the side............ the tool slipped off and the battery landed dead on the passenger headlight assembly... It is shattered!!!!! I guess I should've asked how to avoid that! Anyway, here's the questions....... ``````````````````` There seems to be just a cover that goes around the headlight. This is the painted piece that is shattered...... The light still works and everything seems fine except the replacement of the cover. Is this just a simple remove and replace type of thing? I called my Acura store and got cost. It seems like a good deal but then I'd have to paint it...... Most know how I feel about that. If I have to paint a new one, then there will be an NSX for sale. Does anyone know where I can get one in original Berlina black? Or how much these run when buying one used..... Am I missing anything? I am so devastated..........

------------------
Todd Arnold
NSXotic.gif

http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

Todd, wtf! I've pulled the battery out of my NSX at least 6 times, and I've helped two other people pull their's out without any damage to the car. Anyway, what's wrong with painting just the cover? No one will notice and the install is an easy DIY.

So, how much do you figure your NSX has depreciated now? I'll give you $21K, cash!
biggrin.gif

So it is as easy as replacing the cover?????? That would be great but I'd like to find a Berlina black one rather than paint a new one..... Guess I should've called you, a doctor, to replace my battery. Silly me, I asked an auto tech to try it.....
biggrin.gif
21k is a little low but come up into the mid 20's for a 29k mile 91 with paintwork and we'll talk. This sucks~!

Hey todd... for mid 20's.. I am there too!

smile.gif
good luck with the car! .. have you been getting my emails???

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Todd -- the outer plastic is just a shell. You will most liely not be able to find it used, as the lights are sold as an assembly by wrecking yards. The shell is available from Honda in dark grey gel coat that will need to be sanded and finished to match you black. Since black is easy to match, you shouldn't have to blend into any other panel.

I bet the guy felt like an idiot after that one.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

Dave I haven't gotten your e-mails...... I'll send one to you.....

Chris, thanks...... cost from my store is $130, so I guess I'll just send for a new one. God I hate to paint it. I'll never find someone who does it well. I've seen the work of the so called NSX master body guy in Florida and it's just horrible.... I need someone to wet sand and buff between coats. Well I suppose I can have it done a dozen times since once painted, always painted.......

------------------
Todd Arnold
NSXotic.gif

http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

Since you don't have to match it to the rest of the body (black is black), why not have it painted by an expert somewhere else, and just have them ship it to you for installation? San Pedro Body Shop in California is known for their NSXpertise...

Back