• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Arizona Emissions Test Exemption for Collector Cars

Pretty sure Grundy does daily and collector insurance. You have to specify what you are trying to insure. I'm 90% sure. In fact in order to get Grundy collectors insurance (which bypasses emissions) you must provide proof of a daily driver and insurance on that daily through another company.

This is how Hagerty does it as well, except they will give you collector's insurance even IF you daily drive your car (or, however you use it: the more you drive it, the higher your premium).

It is emissions time again for the NSX, and because of this post I decided to get a quote with Grundy online. Premiums are pretty similar to what I am paying for with Allstate for the NSX ($600/yr) , but way cheaper for the E46 M3($300/yr vs $600). It looks like I'll be switching to Grundy and dumping the hassle of the annual NSX smogging.

Thanks for posting.

When I registered my '91, AAA offered me the historic plate. I asked if there was any benefit to it, they said no. Given that it cost extra $$$, I declined.

Back