• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ARK exhaust owners?

Hi guys/gals.

I'm looking for anyone local (I'm in Dana Point) that has successfully installed either the V1 or V2 ARK exhaust on their car. I'm hoping to find someone with an NA2 car but any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if any NA2 has the ARK.

But Malibu Rapper has the NA2 rear valence on with ARK. It works. It lines up.

Another member has the SOS exhaust adaptors bolted to the ARK and it works out for newer 97+ NSX.

I have the ARK myself and it bolts on like OEM. Just that the passenger side is a bit tricky because you have to slide the exhaust flange in to the stud.

Malibu Rapper said:
I have it on my car with the NA2 valence, my car is in OC. It was a very easy install, I'd recommend replacing your nuts if they are rusted. zetoolman has version 2 on his 91. What kind of questions did you have?

Hi MR - My wife swears my nuts are fine, but I apprecaite the heads up :biggrin:

Seriously though... my questions are about:
- fit an finish
- sound quality (any resonance issues like Taitec)?
- power (any gains)
- weight (any benefit)

If possible, I'd love to get a ride with someone to hear it myself. I gather the V2 and V1 sound a bit different now but from what I've read, this exhaust seems like a pretty good deal.

Thank in advance to everyone-

Christian

Hal has V2 and I have V1.

Fit and finish on mine is awesome. Great welds, sturdy construction. Centers very nicely, much better than Taitecs. :smile:

Sound quality/Resonance... Depends what you are into. V1 has a unique deep growl, not a ricey sound like my friend's exhausts. :smile: It takes time to break in the exhaust, too. Over time, it gets a bit deeper and louder. With my stereo cranked, it's hard to hear anything.

Power, about 12 HP done in a back to back very controlled dyno. I trust these results because of the method and excellent control (thanks jdc1687). The power gains are very similar to the Taitec GT Lightweight. I would expect most good aftermarket exhausts put out about the same numbers give or take.

Weight, YES. Mine weighed in just under 27 pounds as shown in the picture below. So that's a savings of 17 pounds if the stock is 44 pounds.

If this exhaust is not a good deal I don't know what is. If you catch us at the right time on Saturday (between 4-6:30 PM), I'm picking up another sub box from Hal and you can go for rides in both of our cars. He's in south OC and has a broken in V2.

Da Hapa said:
Hi MR - My wife swears my nuts are fine, but I apprecaite the heads up :biggrin:

Seriously though... my questions are about:
- fit an finish
- sound quality (any resonance issues like Taitec)?
- power (any gains)
- weight (any benefit)

If possible, I'd love to get a ride with someone to hear it myself. I gather the V2 and V1 sound a bit different now but from what I've read, this exhaust seems like a pretty good deal.

Thank in advance to everyone-

Christian

I'm going to PM you in a bit to figure out how to hook up with you guys.

FWIW I had no problems "centering up" my gtlw. :smile:

There is about 1 cm difference in the relationship of the outlets with the rear vallence but such a slight difference is up to discussion as to "acceptable" :wink: From other threads It looks to me like proper exhaust fitting is a proccess and can take some fiddling to get a symetric look.

comeon now,,I don't want to look riceee :wink: Of course if Joe L. had his way there would be alot more yellow parts painted on the bee lol.

Back