• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Powertrain AS Motorsport Ignition Upgrade Kit – Brand New

SOLD: AS Motorsport Ignition Upgrade Kit – Brand New

SOLD - SOLD - AS Motorsport Ignition Upgrade Kit – Brand New

COMPATIBLE WITH 1990 – 1994 OBDI ONLY

For sale is a brand new, never installed AS Motorsport ignition upgrade kit. I bought this kit with the idea that an upgrade to the OEM coil packs would be a worthwhile project. Unfortunately a major requirement for this kit to work is a stand-alone ECU or a reprogrammed OEM ECU. This ended up being a show stopper for me and very much outside my wheelhouse.

For you owners who have upgraded to a F/I setup this ignition upgrade would be a worthwhile kit. According to Adnan the advantages are:

• Response charge time of just 2 milliseconds
• Capable of handling 200 hp per cylinder
• Better suited to forced induction (turbo or SC)
• Handles the added heat soak better of the supercharger
• Boost ignition timing is more exact, stronger spark and a more exact point in the timing table
• Eliminates the stock ICM which can be hard to reach on SC cars
• Stronger spark that can properly deal with high boost application
• Capable of handling more timing resolution (coil charges faster and more exact thus more time to spark for any given cycle)

You can find more information here: http://as-motorsport.com/site/en/catalog-c-6/nsx-c-1/engine-c-18/ignition-upgrade-kit-p-498

This kit includes (6) Bosch coils, Wiring harness, Instruction sheet

COMPATIBLE WITH 1990 – 1994 OBDI ONLY
REQUIRES A STAND-ALONE ECU OR REPROGRAMMED (CHIPPED) OEM ECU

$595 including shipping anywhere in the CONUS

AS Coil Kit.jpg

Last edited:
very interested.

I'm interested that you're interested.

Actually, all joking aside, this is a proper coil replacement for the C30A. This kit upgrades a 20+ year old system with modern components and eliminates a potential failure point with the stand-alone igniter as it is eliminated. If you already have a stand-alone ECU (i.e. AEM Infinity) you are golden as you just need to change the coil dwell setting to account for the coil's faster charge time vs. the old OEM coils. Plus these are waterproof so any future problems with wet rear coils is a non-issue.

And yes, these will fit under your coil covers.

Last edited:
Back