• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

As promissed The Crazy4Cars Racing NSX

Read the introduction to learn about the specs and then visit the gallery.
Enjoy!!!!!!!!
Crazy4Cars Racing NSX

I, Enrique Thompson, founded Crazy 4 Cars in 1992. The company specializes in the retail sale of high performance parts, rims, tires and a large selection of custom branded accessories in the Republic of Panama, as well as in other countries in Central America.
Thus far, I have completed 3 vehicle projects: Mitsubishi Eclipse 1995 Turbo, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 6, and Mazda RX7 1993 Twin Turbo. Our newest undertaking is the "Crazy4Cars Racing NSX.”

The "Crazy4Cars Racing NSX" project began in November 1999, with the purchase of a stunning 1992 Red/Black Coupe that was in mint condition. Just like in my previous projects, the search for performance and exterior components got underway. After many days and nights searching for the finest possible goodies, the hunt was finally over. Below are the specifics of the "Crazy 4 Cars NSX" project enhancements:

A. Brakes:
· Brembo Kit with Lotus Calipers (Front/Rear
· Caliper 4 Pistons (Front/Rear)
· Parking Brake Option
· Stainless Steel Brake Lines
· Willwood Brake Proportion Valve
· Pagid Brake Pads (Front/Rear)
· Castrol SRF Brake Fluid

B. Suspension:
· Dali Racing Street Sway Bars
· Koni Adjustable Shocks
· H/R Springs
· Comptech Struct Bars

C. Engine:
· Comptech Supercharger
· RM Intake
· HKS Exhaust
· Dinan ECU
· DC Sport Headers
· Comptech Test Pipes
· Dali Racing Aluminum Coolant Reservoir
· Mobil 1 Motor Oil
· Red Line Oil Gearbox

D. Drivetrain:
· JUN Ultra Light Flywheel
· ACT Clutch
· Comptech 4.55 Ring and Pinion
· NSX-R JDM Short Gears

E. Wheels and Tires:
· OZ Racing Vela 3pc 18x8.0 ET35 (Front)/19x10 ET35 (Rear)
· Yokohama AVS Sports 225/35/18 (Front)/275/30/19 (Rear)

F. Engine Dress-up:
· Dali Racing Stainless Steel Hoses
· Hose Techniques Silicone Hoses
· Dali Racing Polished Coil Covers
· Dali Racing Polished Belt Cover
· Dali Racing Polished Fuse Cover
· GruppeM Kevlar Engine Cover

G. Body:
· Marga-Hills Front Bumper
· Marga-Hills Side Skirts
· Marga-Hills Front Wide Fenders
· RM Hood
· Taitec Rear Fenders
· Comptech Agressor Rear Wing
· Wings West Rear Spats
· ETR Rear Balance
· NSXR Doors Badge

H. Interior:
· Momo Thunder Steering Wheel
· Momo Hub
· Dali Racing Titanium Shift Knob
· Dali Racing Smart Shift
· Dali Racing Short Shift
· Momo Acropolis Carbon/Kevlar Black/Red Seats
· Dali Racing Seat Brackets
· Zanardi Floor Mats
· Zanardi Trunk Mat
· Tora Sport Carbon Fiber Kit
· Greddy 52mm Boost Gauge
· Greddy 52mm Fuel Press
· Phillips HID Xenon Lights
· Hella Horns

I. Sound System:
· Alpine Head unit
· Alpine Equalizer
· Alpine Amplifier
· Alpine CD Changer
· MB Quart Speakers Door and Center
· JL Audio 10” Bass

Contributors:
· Brembo: Jim Hogman
· H&R: Roland Graeff
· Koni: Dany
· Dali Racing: Mark Johnson
· Bash Acura: Mark Basch
· AV Motorsports/GrouppeM: Alex Vizcarra
· Comptech: Jim
· ACT: Jim
· RM: Randy Marchetti
· HKS: Jasper Tiu
· DC Sports: Jasper Tiu
· Greddy: Jasper Tiu
· Dinan: Jeff
· Momo: Stuart Brooks
· Marga Hills: Oshiro Okomura
· Taitec: Oshiro Okomura
· Tora Sport: Rose/Steve
· OEM Acura: Newton Fowler/Lester
· OZ Racing: Roberto Herrera
· Yokohama: Dennis Myers
· Jun: Steve
· ETR: Enrique Thompson
· Wings West: Gus
· Phillips: Juan Carlos
· Hella: Anke Tiggis
· Katana Car Audio: Rogelio Chung and Pedro
· Fans Car Body Shop: Alexis Vanegas, Vladimir, Angel and Vega
· Graphics: Cesar Castillo
· Mechanic: Jose Molina
· Detailer: Jose
· Designer: Enrique Thompson
· Owner: Enrique Thompson

Acknowledgments:

I want to take the opportunity to thank all the good people that made "Crazy 4 Cars NSX" a reality. Without them, it would be impossible to achieve the remarkable results of this project.

a) My wife:
For helping me with this project and for her understanding in all the days and nights that I stayed for countless hours in front of the computer looking for information and parts.

b) Mark Johnson:
Without a doubt a very, very good friend. He was extremely helpful in getting many parts in record time, and his friendship has shown me how significant the Internet can be. Needless to say that he is a tremendous individual. If you happen to have the opportunity to meet "Mr. Huge", you will then realize what I’m talking about!

c) Mark and Jane Basch:
There are no words really for these two people; they are the best. One day I emailed Mark Johnson and told him that if he thought it was possible to approach Mark Basch with the idea of flying to Panama to "Supercharge" my car. After 5 minutes, Mark J. answered back. He had talked to Mark B. and he had quickly said "yes". I wasn't expecting such a quick response from someone I had never met in my life! I thanked all my lucky stars on that day. I was still a bit shocked about how fast things were going, so I decided to go to Phoenix and meet Mark B. before he came down to Panama. The title "Most Wonderful Hosts" is an understatement for Mark and Jane. Not only was I given the "royal treatment", but on top of that, Mark let me race his NSX (which I took proper care of, of course!). A week later, he and his wife came to Panama to work on my car. All I can say is that it came out more-than-wonderful! This project had now added 2 more great friends: Mark & Jane Basch (oh, and I can't forget beautiful Dyna Basch!).

d) Jose Molina:
He is my local technician and is the only person that I allow to work on my cars. He is a very good man and I have great respect for him. Besides being a good friend, he is extremely understanding, almost saint-like in his patience, of my occasional foul humor when something very complex needs to be done on a vehicle.

e) Rogelio and Pedro:
Rogelio is the owner of Katana Car Audio, and Pedro is his main installer. Just with a few specifics of my audio needs, they went at it and the finished product was awesome! Many thanks to them for accomplishing an outstanding installation.

f) Alexis, Vladimir, Angel and Vega:
Alexis and Vladimir are the owners of Fans Car Body shop. They installed the body kit and painted the car. They have a select group of professionals that works for them such as Angel, "the painter” (extremely meticulous) and Mr. Vega, “the Master behind the whole operation”(this guy is something else: he took the car apart and put it back together, he installed the new pieces and made sure that everything fitted right and perfect). I have to thank them for an outstanding job, because without them it would not have been possible.

g) Jose, Aristides and Rumaldo:
They are my own crew. Aristides and Rumaldo work at my shop and were in charge of storing all the old parts that were taken off the car. They also mounted the wheels and tires. "BIG" Jose is my own detailer, and just like Mr. Molina, he is the only one that details my cars (and superbike). He is a very good kid and I like him very much.

f) Finally, I would like to thank all the people back stage that for one reason or another were not mentioned. After all, this project was possible because I was fortunate enough to get this group together and all of them gave their all to make this car a reality. Just a reminder to all of you out there thinking of doing a project such as this one in the future: it is not only the amount of money you will have to invest to get things perfect, it is the outstanding quality of the people you need to pull together that really makes it all possible

Best Regards
Enrique Thompson
Crazy4Cars Racing
Panama City,Panama
Central America
Tel 011 507 224-2620
Fax 224-5036
Email: [email protected]
[email protected]
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1505488&a=11512830

You did an EXCELLENT job on the car. The paint looks like glass! I love the attention to detail throughout the car!

btw...just an observation...the R-side(pass.) muffler tip looks off? Like it's close to the WW rear spat, while the L-side(driver) looks centered. I could be mistaken, and it's possibly caused by the angle of the picture.

I love the rear fenders!

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY
1BADRX7

gotta give credit when credit is due, your car looks great. Definately one of the top 2 or 3 NSX's of NSX prime members. What color is it exactly?

Back