• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Audi S5 parking lights

wow! thats weird.....coz i ws about to post this exact same question/request!

i saw it last night and wondered the same thing!

Here are Clear Corner headlights

DSC00532.jpg

ok got a reply, they said the audi's LED are very intense for day time running lights. They can do something similar like they did with MR2. http://clearcorners.com/products/toyota/mr2b/f_sig/

They can also use PIAA LED which has the same pattern as the Audi's but just not as intense. Personally I don't want daytime running light intensity since I don't need the parking light to be brighter than my headlights. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Yes it is like another headlight!:cool:
From Chris's picture, pretty sure its just the parking light on

Here's another clearcorners parking lights
hd2-1.jpg

Its not just the parking lights that they make clear... notice the ring of tiny leds around each lens.. the OEM light does not have that.

They are about $1800 for both done... you have to send them in and they'll send them back.

foggy...

whats cdn dtrls?
Canadian Day-Time-Running-Lights

In regards to getting an Audi-like LED light-bar in your OEM front-bumper combo-lights (parking/turn-signal)... you can easily insert an LED light-bar into the combo-light housing (plug-n-play). But, the combo-light's faceted-lens will make the light look cloudy that is produced by the LED light-bar. And that principally defeats the purpose of your efforts: to get the LED-type linear array shining through the combo-light!

Because of the OEM faceted-lens on the combo-lights, a powerful multi-angle LED-bulb will give virtually the same visual as an LED light-bar. The combo-light's faceted-lens needs to be 'cleared' or swapped for a clear-lens.

Solution to that would be to replace the combo-light's faceted-lens w/ a clear-lens (basically any acrylic plastic or even lexane). Perhaps blodi can offer insight on this, as he was working on a Mugen-style combo-light cover.

I'm taking my front-bumper a part in a few days to do some minor 'tweaking'. I'll take a closer look at the combo-lights. I currently have some LED bulbs in there to match my HIDs.

However, I'd be keen towards getting some sort of LED light-bar in there that would work as white driving/parking-lights, but still produce/flash an amber color when the turn-signal is activated. Hopefully that's possible...(?)

Its not just the parking lights that they make clear... notice the ring of tiny leds around each lens.. the OEM light does not have that.

They are about $1800 for both done... you have to send them in and they'll send them back.

You have to send them your lights and it still costs $1800.00!!! Feck that! It looks cool as all hell IMO but that is a lot of scratch for sure. It is really nice looking but there is no way I could do it...I would have buyers remorse unending! $4-$500 yea....but $1800!!!:eek:

Yes, you are right that the light emitting are from the LEDs and NOT from any OEM replacement light source. I should've been more clear.
But the clearcorners LEDs are the 'new' parking lights.:cool:

to clear up some confusion:

IsR> From Chris's picture, pretty sure its just the parking light on

Yes, the pics of Chris's NSX are just the parking lights (low beams are not lit).

Oyagi> I replaced my cdn dtrls with jdm aftermarket ones last year. A lot of people have complimented me on them saying they're very audi-like

PIAA denso, I forwarded some pics of a Supra we built lights for that had those lights. I am not a fan of PIAA products and have no comment in terms of quality, but they look decent. Fairly pricey for a mass produced LED bar though. PIAA tends to make a killing selling cheap stuff for bucko bucks. Their bulbs are rubbish.

nsxtacey> ok got a reply, they said the audi's LED are very intense for day time funning lights.

The Audi lights are designed to function as daytime running lights, they are very bright and clearly visible. They use very high power LEDs.

There have been threads all over the internet lately of people wanting to incorporate this into their: [insert car here]. Much like Altezza lights, its yet another trend that people are looking to exploit.

We have no interest in going that route. The only suggestion I had is that we can research using a full-length strip of curved white LEDs, as opposed to the stock design which illuminates the outer parking light chambers.

enkrypt3d> Its not just the parking lights that they make clear... notice the ring of tiny leds around each lens.. the OEM light does not have that.

Ismail knows, the NSX-R headlights on our site were built for him. :) The above picture is of his own recently converted headlight.

osirisx11> But, the combo-light's faceted-lens will make the light look cloudy that is produced by the LED light-bar. And that principally defeats the purpose of your efforts: to get the LED-type linear array shining through the combo-light!

Correct, people always want to take something specifically designed for one car and transplant it into another. It doesnt work like that. The audi lamps have been specifically engineered to work in that headlight assembly. Its not a matter of pulling from one and slapping into another. For those who care about building a quality product, it takes mucho R&D to create a quality fabrication.

As I said earlier, we have no intention of taking audi's design and implementing or replicating it on the NSX. There's nothing classy or noteworthy in doing so.

excfive> You have to send them your lights and it still costs $1800.00!!! Feck that! It looks cool as all hell IMO but that is a lot of scratch for sure. It is really nice looking but there is no way I could do it...I would have buyers remorse unending! $4-$500 yea....but $1800!!!

Being that we're not paying sponsors here, I dont want to get into discussing pricing and what not. But the prices are listed clear as day on our site, and the 2nd-gen NSX headlights are not listed at 1800, they're $1680.

Much like all things you purchase for your NSX, its all relative. Some people buy sportmax, others buy volk. Theres a huge price difference, obviously. Personally, I wouldnt be cought dead owning a Rota or Sportmax wheel - its all replicated garbage.

cheers
mike / clearcorners.com

Yes it is like another headlight!:cool:
From Chris's picture, pretty sure its just the parking light on

Here's another clearcorners parking lights
hd2-1.jpg
damm those look good. they make the NSX look way newer.

I too had considered doing the LED light bar a la Audi's setup/design.

On a side note for Mike @ clearcorners. Do you do group buys or have considered it esp. with the state of our economy?

Thx

Jeff

How about converting these lights to LED's? Simpler style, smaller, and seemingly easier.

4139fb460e1e_orig11.jpg

sigh. . .

How about converting these lights to LED's? Simpler style, smaller, and seemingly easier...
Hey Z'money... actually nsxtacey proposed that idea on another 'feeler thread. The conclusion was drawn that insertion of a white-light LED bar for the driving lights wouldn't be too challenging and the amber-reflector turn-signal lamp would still remain functional.

However, due to the faceted/'frosted' composition of the front-bumper combo' light's lens, the light emitted from the LED bar would become muddled/blurred. Unless the lens of the combo' light was 'cleared'/smoothed-out or replaced w/ a clear-plastic lens, the aesthetic appeal of installed LED bar would be relatively null.

Maybe Blodi can fabricate something to replace the OEM faceted-lens of the front-bumper combo' light, as he's already come up a similarly-shaped, molded (?), clear-plastic protective lens covering ala' Mugen-style.

Yes, that's what I was suggesting, a new mold, with LED lighting. Since they are smaller and seemingly simple, I don't see cost being as high or close to taillights or the 02+ headlights.

Yes, that's what I was suggesting, a new mold, with LED lighting. Since they are smaller and seemingly simple, I don't see cost being as high or close to taillights or the 02+ headlights.
I'd jump on it!

I've had the same thought for some time now. Those lights just beg for a conversion like that. :cool:

I've seen similar lights on the R8 in person. Not real crazy about them as they remind me of Christmas tree lights. One or two go out and it will look pretty crummy.
The Clear Corner ones on the 02+ NSX headlamps look much better IMO.

Last edited:
I thought LED's lasted pretty much forever. At least, in car lifespan terms.

The Clear Corner lights almost look good enough to justify a conversion for my '92.

Nick

Back